Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   New Member Intros (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f120/)
-   -   New from Mass (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f120/new-mass-33346/)

boostandlow 12-04-2012 08:56 PM

New from Mass

Just (few weeks ago) picked up a 2006 WRX limited. I must say I am really excited. I picked it up for next to nothing. 109k miles and running fine minus the P2440 code which ill do the delete.

The car had some cosmetic issues that need to be dealt with, the Rally blue is faded and there is some body rash from bushes over the years.

So my first step is taking it to a place to have it wrapped in some sort of vinyl.... I was guessing a matte blue.

The suspension feels pretty soft compared to my M3, and I am very much liking the idea of using the new sport bags. Its a full air ride suspension that is supposed to be competitive to the KW Variant2. So that will be step two.

Step three will be wheels and exhaust. Any recommendations for a throaty sounding exhaust rather then your type fart can sounding turboback exhaust?

Well I'll be around hope to hear from you all and semi contribute as the months progress and so does the new ride.

pzr2874 12-05-2012 05:29 AM

Cobb Turboback sounds nice.

I'd look into doing the scheduled 90K Maint. The timing belt/water pump/thermostat/pullies isn't a cheap job if you pay someone.

Welcome

boostandlow 12-05-2012 08:14 AM

Thanks, the timing belt and water pump were replaced at 87k. It does need tranny flush. Figured I'll do the diffs at the same time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

man show 12-05-2012 07:39 PM

Sounds like you have a pretty cool car in the making. A good set or two (winter/summer) of tires should be at the top of your list unless you plan to go the wide wheel with stretched tires route.

sleepr 12-05-2012 09:00 PM

Welcome!!!

Love the idea of matte blue vinyl and your suspension intentions. Looking forward to hearing about your progress and final product!

boostandlow 12-06-2012 02:45 PM

should be pretty fun. I ordered the Air Lift Performance kit today and should be in within the next 2 to 3 weeks. I am very much looking forward to get it in there asap.

I also ordered a set of 18'' ADV1 05 deep concaves in a matte black.... as this point im pretty tapped out.... the exhaust will have to be done at another time.

pzr2874 12-07-2012 05:50 AM

Start a "build thread".... with pics and all your goodies.... These guys get off to stuff like that. Hopefully Mosc won't close it when you sell your car :shhh:

boostandlow 12-07-2012 05:45 PM

A lot has changed in literally an overnight time frame. The car will be entered in the 2013 Bullrun' so extreme measures have been taken to make this a wild ride.

check out the build thread which will be updated on a regular basis.