New Kid - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-18-2012, 09:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

Tommyz is an unknown
Smile New Kid

Hello, my name is Tommy and I am from Chicago
I am 16, and own a 05 WRX. Stock.
I know I am young, and people will think the car is not for me.
However, I know my WRX is an insane machine and can get me killed, and I understand that having a WRX as a first car will get me some negative attitudes. :l
My car is a manual, and I am getting used to driving it better, my dad is teaching me, and in my neighborhood there is a lot of stop signs so I am getting used to switching to first gear.
I pay for my insurance and everything else, and I am responsible as I take care of my belongings. I also am not looking forward to racing because honestly I am scared to race. I know I will be flamed, and looked upon negatively (because of my age) but I am here to learn and become a better driver with my WRX. I want it to last, not be in a pole or tree.
Sorry for the long intro, and any tips on driving would be greatly appreciated.
Also, where is the exhaust section on the forum? I dont like how my stock exhaust sounds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-18-2012, 10:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Welcome Tommy! With a positive, research-then-buy attitude like yours, there will be no flaming from us. We're all here to learn and share our experiences.

An aftermarket cat back can be bolted on any time without the need for a tune. It's actually a project you and your dad might want to tackle in the driveway or garage if you have a pretty basic set of hand tools and a way to lift the car safely (jack and jack stands?). After that, you might want to look into some type of Stage 1 engine management to smooth out the powerband a bit and increase drivability.

Some pretty good aftermarket exhaust info can be found here: Exhaust FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC

Unabomber's Manifesto is generally a great place to start with any modification questions you might have.

Keep us posted.

John
07 WRX
#3 Old 07-18-2012, 10:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

cwc16 is an unknown
yeah!! Im 16 from cali and same thing here except I've had mine since last september! congrats on the new car! Ive been stoked on mine ever since i bought it! I was in the same boat of not liking my 06 wrx's exhaust note, so i researched and found the cobb catback exhaust. Its not too loud but had a really nice tone and rumble! Also it looks more or less stock which i like! Really easy to put on as well! Hope you enjoy your car!
#4 Old 07-19-2012, 05:57 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Welcome, read up on all the "stickies" on this forum.

Congrats on your car.

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
#5 Old 07-19-2012, 06:53 AM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Welcome to our forums. We don't encourage street racing, so your cool with us
Search YouTube for different cat back exhaust systems. There are a few to choose from with all different sounds.
Good luck with the new ride, you'll love it! And post some pics!

..............CHEERS!!!

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew