new here - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 02-26-2007, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

07wrx_red is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to 07wrx_red
new here

Hey i just got my 07 wrx tr joining to see what i should do upgrade wise and maybe some pointers on setups on autox (how to help it stop understeering). Thanks for anyhelp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-26-2007, 04:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful
For understeer you want swaybars and enlinks. If you can afford it, get coilovers too. New tires would be a good idea as well. For power, almost everyone goes this route:
1. Engine management: I recommend getting the tactrix cable. You can purchase it at tactrix.com for $85. If you have a lot of money, get an accessport instead. It's $600 more expensive, though.
2. Turboback exhaust: Replace all the exhaust components after the turbo with 3" piping. There are many exhaust solutions out there, just make sure you get a bellmouth, split bellmouth, or divorced wastegate downpipe. This'll cost you from $400-$1300
3. Turbo upgrade: If you still have money, I recommend getting an 18g. ~$900. With this you'll need a fuel pump as well ($75), and maybe injectors too ($300).
post #3 of 9 Old 02-26-2007, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

07wrx_red is an unknown
thanks i will do that i autox it this weekend and my i could not turn it was horrible i will have to get that before the next one
post #4 of 9 Old 02-27-2007, 03:48 AM
WRXtuners Member

WRXKidid775 is more helpful than not
running coilovers in autox will put you in street modified if im not mistaken. youl get your ass handed to you no offense intended man.

i was talking to some guys in the suby club here and they all agreed that if they had driven a season in their car completely stock, nothing modified OEM everything, that they would all be way better drivers because you actually learn to drive the car not use the mods to 'do it for you' in a sense.

someone on here made the analogy that if you put me in a top fuel dragster and a pro drag racer in a stock neon of course i would win in a straight line but if you put me in a world rally car and a pro WRC driver in a stock neon the pro rally driver will school you any day.

its better to learn to control the car on POS tires and suspension than it is to automatically go to modded suspension and then learn because you will never be as good as the guy who learned on stock and then moved up.

with that said
to get rid of understeer people will say do front and rear swaybars and endlinks BUT despite popular belief if you put a big front bar and endlinks on you will actually reduce understeer because you will get a better camber curve which will help your grip.

the best suspension mods would be new wheels and tires, a GOOD alignment not one jsut inside subarus specs and tightening the nut behind the wheel if you know what i mean.

Alignment Information <-- check out that thread for info on alignments.

wheels id say 17x8 if you can find them then tires 235/45/17 or 245/45/17 <--with the 245 tire you might need fender rolling.

hit up bigsky if you have any suspension questions he is the OG of wrx suspension his wagon can spank anyone out there on a road course or an autox track.

i second wrexd choice on the 18g turbo + fuel pump and a new TMIC

Robby
02 rex is gone.
I defected to an evo :)
Evo is gone :(
Now I got nothing.
post #5 of 9 Old 02-27-2007, 04:22 AM
WRXtuners Member

2006WRXTR is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to 2006WRXTR Send a message via Yahoo to 2006WRXTR
Welcome to the club. <--- Edit: Forum, I mean...

You have the darker red WRX, correct? Post a pic... I'd love to see the color.

Rich
Latest: Meth Injection, Open Source

Last edited by 2006WRXTR; 02-27-2007 at 06:03 PM.
post #6 of 9 Old 02-27-2007, 04:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

you know if you drive a red car it means you have self esteem issues and have to draw attention to yourself constantly....jp

i really like the red on the 06s

Robby
02 rex is gone.
Now I got nothing.
post #7 of 9 Old 02-27-2007, 07:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

2006WRXTR is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to 2006WRXTR Send a message via Yahoo to 2006WRXTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXKidid775 View Post
you know if you drive a red car it means you have self esteem issues and have to draw attention to yourself constantly....jp

i really like the red on the 06s
True. True. Usually comes with age.

"I am old! Look at me!"

Rich
Latest: Meth Injection, Open Source
post #8 of 9 Old 02-27-2007, 10:20 AM
WRXtuners Member

funny stuff

Robby
02 rex is gone.
Now I got nothing.
post #9 of 9 Old 02-27-2007, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

07wrx_red is an unknown
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=5178590 if you have a myspace that should take you to a picture of my wrx yeah i am going to wait until after the next autox i run in ssm group there is a guy there that has a wrx wagon and spanks everyone i am just trying to beat my friend with a bmw m3. lol thanks for the advise i will try to get other pics up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement