Looking into a WRX - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-16-2008, 02:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

PreludeSH is an unknown
Looking into a WRX

Whats up guys? I drive a 97 Prelude SH and she is my baby, but this summer I thinking of selling for a WRX. I just need a bigger car, and I have always loved the WRX. I know everything about Preludes and absolutely nothing about WRXs. I was wondering what a good price is for an 04+ WRX? I see them on autotrader.com for about $15k regardless of mileage. I always thought that site usually overprices the cars.

heres some pics of my Prelude in case you are interested

with my dads TL

when I got my front lip

random pics

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-16-2008, 05:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

loser05 is an unknown
well wrx hold there vaules really well... ex: when i went and bought my 08 i paid 24k for it... they had a 06 wrx with 32k miles on it selling it for 23k. so if u can find a 04+ low miles for 15k ## not doing today.

tho i would have to say go with the 06-07 b/c they have the 2.5L and less turbo lag. also the 04+ have the better tranny still not all that great but better then the 03-.

if u get a 08 u will be in a waiting game with me for proform. parts as alot of the comps dont have them yet thus making it hard to mod ## car.

now if u run into a modded rex u want please post on here what mods u see on it ths we can inform u on how the car was most likly handled and if the person who modded it knew what they were doing or not.

now if u are looking into buying a modded one let me know i have a site that has nothing bt modded car for sale on it. so its normally a good place to start.

also please let us know if u are wanting the rex or a sti... theres a big diffrence in what we can tell u about them!

and good luck with the car hunting...
#3 Old 03-16-2008, 07:32 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Welcome to the forum. Just search and read on here to learn. Thats where the bulk of what I know comes from. There are some very helpful people on here.

That does sound in the range for the 04s, cause I was looking at getting an 05 with like only 19XXX on it, but they had my 07 with 9 miles and I got it for 23K.

Btw, nice looking prelude, thats my favorite color and body right there.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"