Just Ordered my 2013 STI Limited - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 09-30-2012, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

dv/dt is an unknown
Just Ordered my 2013 STI Limited

Hi all. I am a soon to be new Subaru owner. I ordered a 2013 STI limited, with navi, STS, SPT boost gauge and auto dimming rearview, in satin white pearl from a Subaru dealer here in Houston, TX. (before ttl $37500)

This will be my first Subaru. I am a 34yo engineer/business owner here in Houston, TX. I grew up wrenching on older American muscle cars (my first car was a 67SS 396 Chevelle). I’ve built numerous motors, cars, etc. When I got married I sold my tools, and car and the gear head inside me went away for awhile. About 4 months ago I started looking at getting a sports car again. My Primary vehicle is a 2011 Yukon Denali and it will stay that way. I need the room for everyday life, so this will be more of a toy. Anyways, I looked at a few Euro cars, test drove an M3 and sort of got distracted with work for awhile. I took my family to Lake Tahoe for a couple of weeks or r&r about a month ago (I grew up in the bay area). While there I could not help but notice all of the Subaru vehicles on the roads. It was almost comical. They were everywhere. I mentioned this observation to the valet guy at our resort and it just so happens he drove a 2011 STI. He took me for a ride and I was hooked. I sold my wife on it fairly quickly as , a it was cheaper than any of the other cars I was previously looking at and b, it had 4 doors. I was a bit concerned with how well I would fit in the driver’s seat (I am 6'3" 220lbs) so I went and test drove a 2013 STI at Gilman. That sealed the deal for me. So I ordered my car. It should be here in early December. I am really looking forward to taking it out on the roads around Austin. I have all of the performance goodies picked out and will probably just order it now. On the list is the Cobb programmer, Intake, downpipe and a cat back muffler delete exhaust system. That should pretty much be all I want to do to it for awhile. I’ll break it in first, and then go to town on it one weekend. 16 years ago I would have never thought I would be buying a turbo charged Japanese import. I am very impressed with this vehicle and am looking forward to driving it (very often!). I am glad there is a information resource like this forum. I am sure Ill be using it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-01-2012, 06:26 AM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the site! Don't forget to take pictures and post them for the rest of us!

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
post #3 of 8 Old 10-01-2012, 08:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Satin white pearl + STi = drool

(sorry, my STi envy just acted up again)

John
07 WRX
post #4 of 8 Old 10-01-2012, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

dv/dt is an unknown
Thanks for the welcome! Ill post pics as soon as it comes home.

Im not very fond of the huge wing in the back, I like the WRX spoiler a lot better. I tried to get the dealership to delete it but no dice. So now I am searching ebay for a new conditon WRX trunk lid, in satin white. Something tells me I'll have the lid and performance parts way before I get the car
post #5 of 8 Old 10-02-2012, 10:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Someone on this link will swap you and possibly throw money in your pocket on top.

North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club
GL

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
post #6 of 8 Old 10-02-2012, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

dv/dt is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZE2099 View Post
Someone on this link will swap you and possibly throw money in your pocket on top.

North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club
GL
Thanks! I was planning on keeping it, to keep just in case I needed it or decided to sell the vehicle.

I may try a trade, or just buy a oem wrx decklid and sell the winged one on fleabay. It will be a good problem to have. Until then I am counting down the days.
post #7 of 8 Old 10-02-2012, 07:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
You can just buy or sell at that link as well. That site gets a ton of traffic

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
post #8 of 8 Old 10-08-2012, 09:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

tunertype is an unknown
Congrats on the car. i know there is tons to learn about turbo cars. it all really does center around feeding that turbo. its a different way of thinking about performance from tuning n/a cars. so far it seems simpler, much the way efi is simpler than a carb. be warned on modding a new car, i hear subaru is real stingy on repairing warranty claims.