Introduction: MY06 owner with a tactrix - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 08-29-2013, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

my0six is an unknown
Introduction: MY06 owner with a tactrix

Hello all and thanks for this awesome forum.
I've been on here a while now, along with numerous other forums, which have been great.
I'm very open to criticism, love learning and am fascinated in everything about my car, so thanks in advance to anybody whose content I have the privilege of reading.

Last year I bought an ADM, late 2005 model my06 WRX.
Just outside it's initial used car warranty, the airpump died. This has been a blessing in disguise, as I ended up buying a tactrix to delete the "Sec Air" related CELs, which opened my mind to tuning.

Since then I've performed several logs on my stock (so far) car and have ambitions of upgrading my exhaust and possibly later fuel pump, TMIC and turbo... to name a few things I've been considering
I do all my own mechanical work and have learnt a great deal so far, with so much to go.

I've read two books about tuning, recommended on another forum, I've read hundreds of posts and how-tos and I'm generally obsessed with it all.
Received my new "tuning dedicated" laptop recently and emailed off some logs of a few pulls I made to a member of an Aussie forum, who tells me (not surprisingly) that my stock tune is horrible.

I've not tweaked anything yet, for now am just looking (especially since I'm still saving for my wideband / boost failsafe), but I'm keen to learn all I can.

I'm currently seeking any "stage 1" base maps or anything I can look at for comparison to my stock tune. Or generally, any information which will help my progression.
I'll keep searching and reading and learning, but for the mean time, I thought it was time I introduced myself.

Anyway, I think that pretty much covers it, Cheers to anybody who's read this essay, I look forward to any replies and generally all content on this forum.

Thanks for having me, Daws
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-29-2013, 09:24 AM
WRXtuners Member

wrxdan is more helpful than not
try this site OSecuroms & XPT Tuning ? Index page you should be able to download a base tune for stage 1. also they have some more info on open source tuning

hope this helps