Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   New Member Intros (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f120/)
-   -   Howdy! (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f120/howdy-45586/)

H0bb1tM1ndTr1x 03-07-2014 11:53 AM

Howdy!

Nice to meet all of you!

I've been lurking on this forum for a couple weeks now but it's about time to introduce myself. I am not a mechanic, nor a car expert, so forgive my ignorance to... well most of this stuff. I'm just a guy in his 20's, working in an office, who happened to finally purchase his dream car since being a young teenager.

I wanted a sedan, like most people I'd think, but when I found this girl sitting in a dealer parking lot I just knew I finally had my chance to fulfill a dream of mine. Ladies and gentlemen, my "new" baby!

[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g250/Elfwarlord/IMG_20140303_114208_zpsf64da125.jpg[/IMG]

It's an '02 Impreza WRX Wagon and I hope to hang onto it for a long time, the wagon portion certainly helps my argument for keeping it even if I start a family at some point. It's got just under 84.5K miles on it. I drive automatic so be nice, this wasn't the type of car to start learning manual.

As far as I can tell, not an expert, it's all stock. If there are any basic things I should know about the '02 wagon please don't hesitate to warn/educate me, that's why I'm here after all. I'll have her in the garage tomorrow to show her off to my mechanic friends as we poke around for any hidden problems the dealer might have missed/did not disclose. I have a couple of ideas as to what I'd like to do with it but once again feel free to redirect my priorities to things more crucial to her. I'd like to find:

-A nice touch panel to replace the current tuner/tape deck/cd player, which needs an AUX cable of course!

-HIDs if possible, was lurking through some of those threads and saw some people were not fond of HIDs in bug eyes.

-I'd like to start considering a nice sound system to install. I'm not looking to wake the neighbors, or cause orgasms, so nothing crazy. Just a solid audio experience.

If this isn't the proper place to bring it up feel free to say so and I'll edit/post it in the proper places, just figured it'd be easier since I'm introducing myself, and my car, at the same time.

Thanks for the awesome community and hopefully I'll see some of you out on the road or at a meet.

boo-key bear 03-07-2014 01:10 PM

Welcome! Nice ride. Not a sti though. They didn't bring the sti to the states until 04. Still a cool car though.

H0bb1tM1ndTr1x 03-07-2014 01:15 PM

Oh, well that would be depressing if it wasn't still fast. That would probably explain the good price I got it for, but raises the question of why they'd pretend it's an STi with the badges and covers... :(

Oh well!

EDIT: Is it possible this is an '04 that was mislabeled? I did a Google search for '04 WRX wagons and a lot of the pictures look like mine, including the rims, and I only know it's an '02 because the dealer had it listed as such + bug eyes. I know Google isn't THAT accurate though so I'll leave it to you guys.

arewmors 03-07-2014 02:10 PM

04's have different headlights. Yours is a bugeye and 04s are blobeyes. Anyone can change out the wrx badge and put on sti badges.

Welcome by the way. Enjoy your stay.

H0bb1tM1ndTr1x 03-07-2014 02:25 PM

Yea, unfortunately after more inspection I realized the inconsistency of the STi and WRX logos. Oh well, I'm not about to get upset over it but I am curious why the previous owner wanted to disguise that awesome car as an STi when, clearly, people can tell it's not.

I'll look into switching the badges back before an STi owner gets upset. :laugh:

sleepr 03-07-2014 09:58 PM

Welcome! That is a handsome wagon! I've always liked that style of foglight cover the best, but I have only been able to find them with the STi logo. I wonder if the mesh can be painted completely black...I don't know really, just a thought.

boo-key bear 03-07-2014 11:05 PM

Does it have a 5 speed? Maybe the previous owner did some sti upgrades.

Cosmo_kraemer 03-08-2014 12:29 AM

welcome fellow Bugeye owner. and dont feel bad for urs being an AT . thats what mine is, and for the STI badges ik have seen alot of people put them on to seem kool. i myself have taken all my badges off i think it just looks cleaner. but nice clean Wagon you have there and some nice low miles.

arewmors 03-08-2014 05:04 AM

[quote=boo-key bear;439818]Does it have a 5 speed? Maybe the previous owner did some sti upgrades.[/quote]

Automatic...lol. :p

pzr2874 03-12-2014 08:15 PM

^ how'd you know that?

arewmors 03-12-2014 08:32 PM

[quote=H0bb1tM1ndTr1x;439682]Nice to meet all of you!

I've been lurking on this forum for a couple weeks now but it's about time to introduce myself. I am not a mechanic, nor a car expert, so forgive my ignorance to... well most of this stuff. I'm just a guy in his 20's, working in an office, who happened to finally purchase his dream car since being a young teenager.

I wanted a sedan, like most people I'd think, but when I found this girl sitting in a dealer parking lot I just knew I finally had my chance to fulfill a dream of mine. Ladies and gentlemen, my "new" baby!

[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g250/Elfwarlord/IMG_20140303_114208_zpsf64da125.jpg[/IMG]

It's an '02 Impreza WRX Wagon and I hope to hang onto it for a long time, the wagon portion certainly helps my argument for keeping it even if I start a family at some point. It's got just under 84.5K miles on it. [B][U]I drive automatic so be nice, this wasn't the type of car to start learning manual.
[/U][/B]
As far as I can tell, not an expert, it's all stock. If there are any basic things I should know about the '02 wagon please don't hesitate to warn/educate me, that's why I'm here after all. I'll have her in the garage tomorrow to show her off to my mechanic friends as we poke around for any hidden problems the dealer might have missed/did not disclose. I have a couple of ideas as to what I'd like to do with it but once again feel free to redirect my priorities to things more crucial to her. I'd like to find:

-A nice touch panel to replace the current tuner/tape deck/cd player, which needs an AUX cable of course!

-HIDs if possible, was lurking through some of those threads and saw some people were not fond of HIDs in bug eyes.

-I'd like to start considering a nice sound system to install. I'm not looking to wake the neighbors, or cause orgasms, so nothing crazy. Just a solid audio experience.

If this isn't the proper place to bring it up feel free to say so and I'll edit/post it in the proper places, just figured it'd be easier since I'm introducing myself, and my car, at the same time.

Thanks for the awesome community and hopefully I'll see some of you out on the road or at a meet.[/quote]

[quote=pzr2874;440465]^ how'd you know that?[/quote]

I read the post Paul, lol :D. I made my findings bold and underlined. There was a lot of reading and it wasn't super easy to pick up on.

mosc 03-13-2014 01:38 PM

Ya, no USDM (sold in the USA) GD (02-07) wagon STi's. No automatic USDM STi's (all years). No bugeye (02-03) STi's. No STi's had stock brakes that your wheels fit over. Yes, it's rather blatant to most of us.

You can have the STi badges though, I took em off my car.

PROImportTuners 03-13-2014 06:46 PM

Bug eyes are so cute!

Eventhough it's the same chassis the styling always makes them seem slightly smaller to me.

Welcome to WRXTuners! Let us know if you need any upgrades and we'll be happy to help.

H0bb1tM1ndTr1x 03-17-2014 02:47 PM

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!