hey, greetings! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 11-19-2008, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Virgil072 is an unknown
hey, greetings!

Well, hate to say this but im posting this from overseas (Iraq). I do not have a Scooby yet, been waiting for this deployment to pick one up (hopefully a low mileage 2005 if it can be found). I do have a fairly high knowledge base one the car (been in to them since high school). ### excuse my post's rudimentary grammer as I am pretty tired but for some reason cant sleep. Anyway, little about myself. Im a soldier stationed out of Ft. Riley with 1st Infantry Division.

Buck Sergeant with 3 years in the military as an Infantrymen and enjoying myself so far. People bitch and moan about the army but it is what you make of it, contrary to what people want you to think they dont hand you shit. Been a rider since my junior year of high school and have enjoyed it thus far. Going to try to find a nice RC51 I can trade my CBR600rr for. Wanted an STi for about as long as I have been in to cars and am finally in a position to get one after we get back. Thats a long way off but thought I might spend my time learning more while I have it.

Look forward to discussing our mutual passions and hopefully I dont get to annoying with my questions (pretty established member of the 600rr.net forums so I know how it goes for all you forum vets).

Peace,
Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-19-2008, 10:20 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Welcome to the club. Been back from Iraq for about 2 months. Have had my 07 WRX for 2 yrs, only driven for 8 months now. Stage 2, loving it. Have wanted a subie since 2001 when introduced. This is a great place to learn and meet people. I have learned everything I know about my car from here. Be safe over there man.

Joshua

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #3 of 8 Old 11-22-2008, 03:18 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Virgil072 is an unknown
Thanks! good to see your back safe and sound as well. I take it your our of Lewis? Hopefully if i play my cards right I might be up there someday.
post #4 of 8 Old 11-22-2008, 11:13 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I have been here since summer of 05. We are on track for another deployment in 14 months. Hope to catch that one in this unit, re-enlist and then change units upon arriving back in the states. I like Ft. Lewis, just been in the same unit for 7 yrs now. Stay safe over there.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #5 of 8 Old 11-23-2008, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Virgil072 is an unknown
Damn, how did u manage to stay in lewis 7 years I cant seem to get anywere NEAR ft. lewis or home no matter how I try.
post #6 of 8 Old 11-23-2008, 04:25 AM

Oh no my bad, just in Lewis since 2005. But the unit moved from Ft. Polk, LA to here now. But I have been in this unit since i have been in the army.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #7 of 8 Old 11-26-2008, 12:56 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Virgil072 is an unknown
Yuck.... been to fort polk, dont ever want to go back.
post #8 of 8 Old 11-28-2008, 03:34 PM

I hear you man, the armpit of the army man.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement