Hey! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 09-25-2007, 03:29 AM
WRXtuners Member

Order of one is an unknown
Cool Hey!

Well after months of research (facilitated in no small part by guest trolling these forums) I'm finally picking up my first Rex on Friday. I decided to go with an '04 for the sheer cosmetics of it.

Thanks to everyone on here for all the inciteful posts and awesome tech guides. I feel tons more confident buying this car because of all of you.

Just a little background, I am moving over from an '04 Mazda3 s that was fairly modded (HKS exhaust, HKS headers, AEM ECU, fuel system, garrett gt28r turbo, etc.). Completely wrong platform for me. Torque steer is disgusting, transmission sucks, and lets face it... it's a chick car (no offense ladies). So here I am moving over into what I at one point called the Pooparu world (trust me after living in Alaska for 3 years and seeing Subbies everywhere you get a bit sick of them).

Anyways, once again thanks again for all the help you guys have given me in deciding on this bad ass ride and I look forward to sharing my joys and defeats with everyone.

Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-25-2007, 02:34 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Great decision, welcome to the club.
#3 Old 09-25-2007, 02:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

BAMBO is an unknown
For sure! WELCOME ABOARD! Its a fun ride! lol
#4 Old 09-25-2007, 02:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
Congrats.....enjoy......I agree 04-05 body style is sweeeeeet.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
#5 Old 09-25-2007, 03:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

C-Mo's05Rex is an unknown
welcome. i agree this site has helped me alot i bought my rex not knowing much and now i consider myself pretty knowledgable bc of this site!
#6 Old 09-25-2007, 11:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

One quick question.

I was made to believe there would be punch and pie... where exactly can I find said refreshments? And is the punch spiked?
#7 Old 10-02-2007, 06:30 AM
WRXtuners Member

Well I got my subbie this last weekend. So far I've only had a couple things that I don't particularily care for (mostly cosmetic). The windows are a bit loud when rolling them up, obviously the turbo lag is a downer, and it may just be mine but 1st gear seems kinda hard to lock in. Other than that I'm having a blast driving it. I love the "oh shit" factor when the turbo spools up in this thing. In fact I love it so much I already got a ticket last night (66 in a 45 didnt realize how fast i was going = $207.50 in Florida and 4 points).

Either way pictures will be coming soon although its a full stocker at the moment she's still sexy.
#8 Old 10-02-2007, 08:04 AM
WRXtuners Member

robert.lshoc is an unknown
congats enjoy your new ride. By thre way a guy I work with has a protege speed and he calls our cars slowbarus he always dogs them. Tried to get him to go to the track but he wants to make excuses.
#9 Old 10-02-2007, 08:12 AM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
Order of one,

Those minor issues you've stated are very common as you know if you've been searching this website. Try double clutching when downshifting to 1st. I wont go into detail about wrx trannies ### its been beaten to death. If the double clutching isnt working for you try changing the tranny fluid. Most people seems to like redline or royal purple. Actually my upshifts from 1st to second after I haven't driven the car for a little while (overnight) tends to get a bit hairy. Im thinking of going with royal p. myself. Doubleclutching has worked in the mean time.

Robert.....please just remind him at heart it's still a protege, and a joke.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned

Last edited by Longshot; 10-02-2007 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Proteges stink
#10 Old 10-03-2007, 01:34 AM
WRXtuners Member

Yah it certainly has been beaten to death Longshot I think that's probably the biggest gripe on these forums. I hadn't read anywhere about first gear being flaky though and after reading your post I kinda realized 1 ----> 2 is touchy for me as well the first shift of the day or so. Thanks for the advice I'll have to check it out. =)

P.S. True story Protege's do stink and the Mazdaspeed version was just a joke the guys at Ford came up with.

Last edited by Order of one; 10-03-2007 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Protege's are weaksauce
#11 Old 10-03-2007, 09:44 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Lol, funny you mention th Protegay and guys wanted to race them. There are/were several back a Ft. Lewis with their coffee can muffles hanging all stupid out the back. They were always trying to race on post, STUPID.
#12 Old 10-03-2007, 05:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

srninjastar is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to srninjastar
i have a mazda protegay(my brothers) and let me tell u its the bigest POS in the world. it has caused me sooooooo many problems that many a night i think about running it off a bridge in a blazing firey death. but ive been promised an 05 wrx next summer if i get A's this year in college....this is gona be tough
#13 Old 10-03-2007, 06:46 PM

Sorry to hear about that. But good luck with school. Thats one hell of an incentive to do well.
#14 Old 10-03-2007, 09:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

srninjastar is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to srninjastar
i know i have that black 05 wrx posted everywhere in my room, so that any time i just dont feel like gettn stuff done i just look at it and wonder to myself "do i really wana slack off and miss the opportunity to drive a sexual vehical?" as of now im doin great. every A i get that boxer engine gets louder and louder
#15 Old 10-03-2007, 11:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srninjastar View Post
every A i get that boxer engine gets louder and louder
Word.