• 1 Post By JDawg
  • 1 Post By Scotte549

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 01-12-2014, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

JDawg is an unknown
Wink Hello!

Hello Everyone,

I'm brand to this Subie forum! I 1st started my love for Subaru after watching a rally race in middle school I was 14 years old (I'll be on 25 on January 17th) and thought it was the most awesome thing I ever saw! That little bugger is still stuck in me somewhere lol. I currently drive a 1990 240sx Coupe with an SR20DET, it has over 265k miles and noticed every year something breaks or is breaking... I love that car and will keep it forever, it's my 1st car.

So I started thinking I need a more reliable Daily Driver car(lol my girlfriend agrees) I can commute and have some fun in. The Subaru got in my head and I'm going to get one in 2015 sometime hopefully.
I'm kinda of set on getting a 2004-2005 Subaru WRX STi. Been trying to learn as much as I can before I buy and while I save some money.

So I was wondering if anyone had some reviews or input of the 2004-2005 STi. The good or bad. Or just anything in general that you think it would be good to know.

I did some research on this forum WRX vs STi and everyone says it's worth the extra money if you can afford the STi.

For the modifications I only plan on doing a few bolt ons, I want to keep it Smog Legal in California. <- It's a pain I know...

Thank you,
-Justin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-12-2014, 07:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo_kraemer is an unknown
Garage
Welcome to the forums and nice i think most of us had some point in there life that made you just say i have to have a Subie. Mine was about 5 years ago when i started driving a Civic i bought. it was just nothing to fun. and i started noticing Subies and the sex sound they made. once i test drove one i knew i was sold.But where in Cali you live?
post #3 of 9 Old 01-12-2014, 07:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Welcome!

Got any pics of the 240?
arewmors likes this.

John
07 WRX
post #4 of 9 Old 01-12-2014, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

JDawg is an unknown
I'm in Long Beach, California. Yeah I love the sound! My friends always make the exhaust sound when we hear or see one drive by. There's no sound quite like it!

Here's my 240 on a clean day.

man show and Cosmo_kraemer like this.
post #5 of 9 Old 01-13-2014, 12:34 AM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo_kraemer is an unknown
Garage
nice 240, i had a buddy that wanted one around that year and body style. but LB huh im down in SD( well not at the moment stuck in New Jersey without my car) i cant say much for the STI's but i did test drive an 05 and she was nice. handled pretty much like my Bugeye does. but the Blobeyes doe have a nice look. but if you have yet to drive one man you are missing out. Subies are so much fun, some times to much fun......hope to see you around the roads tho when you get yours im up in LA alot and hope to start going to the meet up in Corona soon.
post #6 of 9 Old 01-13-2014, 01:32 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

JDawg is an unknown
Yeah I'm gunna have to find one at a dealer to test drive. I don't wanna test drive someones car off craiglist or something unless I have the money to buy it. None of my friends own a Subaru either =[.
Cosmo_kraemer likes this.
post #7 of 9 Old 01-13-2014, 09:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

Scotte549 is an unknown
Garage
Gday mate

welcome and i love the 2004/2005 STI models. I think they are still one of the best looking thats for sure
post #8 of 9 Old 01-15-2014, 02:47 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

JDawg is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotte549 View Post
Gday mate

welcome and i love the 2004/2005 STI models. I think they are still one of the best looking thats for sure
Yeah I went threw every year one by one from 2002–2007 since Wikipedia just says they're all just 2nd generation lol and I couldn't find the one I knew they had.
To me I like the look 1st and 2nd gens and out of them all I like the 2004-2005 model then the most. It's going to have to be the Subaru blue with gold rims and the big STi Spoiler.
Scotte549 likes this.
post #9 of 9 Old 01-15-2014, 09:14 AM
WRXtuners Member

Scotte549 is an unknown
Garage
Nothing better than blue with gold rims and a big spoiler.
turmic likes this.