Hello - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 02-19-2007, 05:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

BadWagMan is an unknown
Hello

Hello fellow subies. Mine is an 05 WRX Wagon w/auto. I bought it in Sept. 05 and I really enjoy it! So far I have added a boost gauge, heated drivers seat and custom mud flaps. Very soon I will be adding a Cobb Accessport v1 and a gutted UP pipe.
In March 06 I participated in "The Learning Curve" SOLO event, sponsored by the local SCCA. It was two days of tire scorching fun! After the 2-day event, I figured it would be best if I didn't do any more for 2006 because the car only had 6000 mi. on it at the time and the stock tires were already getting chewed up just from those two days and I wanted them to last at least 1.5 to 2 years.
Now that the car is another year older (about 18k mi), I think I am going to do more races this year and if by the end I need new tires, so be it!

Keep the boost up and the tires down!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-19-2007, 06:09 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Welcome. What option did you go with to add the heated drivers seat? (OEM, aftermarket, DIY)

You'll be very glad to get rid of the stock rubber. The most it's good for is deferring another cost when getting your inspection sticker since it last so freaking long.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
#3 Old 02-19-2007, 07:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Welcome to the site, it's nice to see people taking up SCCA road course racing. I ran 245/45/16 Goodyear Eagle F1s and several open track days at mid ohio and they held very well, some of the STi's were amazed at how well it held in the turns. I am not sure if they make them in that size anymore, but I recommend them for track use although you will only get 7months out of them if you race twice a month, but they did the job well.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...