First Act of Tuning - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-04-2007, 11:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

paulf00 is an unknown
First Act of Tuning

I have a 2006 WRX TR. I feel like a kid in a candy store! I have had the car about a year, acquired 2 speeding tickets, and after calming down from the initial exhilartion of owning this beast, I am now wondering how I should proceed into tuning. Given houshold budgetary considerations, daily commute use of the car, and the attractive "sleeper" look of the TR, one must choose carefully.

Since turbo boosting, ECU reprogramming, and exhaust mods are all big-ticket items, I am focusing on sway bars and alignment.

My favorite, among the posts I have read so far is one from New York, in which the driver states "extreme handling while minimizing NVH"

So the question is: Do I put both front and rear sway bars on, and if so, who is a true believer in the Perrin vs. the Cobb?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-05-2007, 10:54 AM
WRXtuners Member

branemaniac is an unknown
A guy who I know got the Perrin's and he was uber-dissatisfied. He had to get a whole new set because something was wrong with them and they did not fit.

This may not because of Perrin, the company, but it definitely only took that one product to steer us from Perrin suspension mods...
#3 Old 03-05-2007, 12:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

2006WRXTR is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to 2006WRXTR Send a message via Yahoo to 2006WRXTR
I recently upgraded my sways to COBB. My decision was based on opinions I got from these forums.

I have been very satisfied with the COBB sway bars. And would recommend them to anyone considering purchasing sway bars. Easy to install, perfect fitiment.

Rich
Latest: Meth Injection, Open Source
#4 Old 03-05-2007, 01:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXKidid775 is more helpful than not
whitelines are a good choice too. so are cusco and hotchkis. dont limit yourself to cobb and perrin there are many other good brands out there. personally when i buy my sways i am going with whitelines. also your going to want endlinks. you wont feel the full effect of the bars without doing endlinks as well. id recomend bushing type because pillowball are more race oriented and are much louder.

Robby
02 rex is gone.
I defected to an evo :)
Evo is gone :(
Now I got nothing.
#5 Old 03-05-2007, 01:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
I have whitelines and ther did wonders for my car on the stock ride height, which isn't all that great. Poly bushing to boot would make for a nice little canyon carver. I have not done the endlinks and have never had any problems, of course I have seen SCCA rally cars use the stock endlinks without failing so why does everyone say you need them....????

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#6 Old 03-05-2007, 06:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXKidid775 is more helpful than not
they maximise the effectiveness of the swaybars. the rally cars migh tbe trying to stay within a certain class and may not be allowed endlinks but im not sure on scca rally classing. rally setups are different as well you want a little flex because of the uneven surfaces you dont want a super stiff suspension setup.

Robby
02 rex is gone.
I defected to an evo :)
Evo is gone :(
Now I got nothing.