car smoking - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-08-2007, 04:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

dirtspike2 is an unknown
car smoking

ok now this is really weird and i have no clue what happened. i started the car up and drove for all of about 2 min then let the car sit running for about 10 min. i asked my friend to rev it up real quick and when he did it blew white smoke like crazy. it kept blowin smoke for about 5 min and then it just stoped. it never happened again and it runs perfect. does any one have any clue what happened
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-08-2007, 04:28 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
some oil got out somewhere. Hopefully in burning off, it sealed itself. You should be able to easily find where it came from with the burnt crap all over the bottom of your car if you put it on a lift

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#3 Old 06-08-2007, 04:34 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
some oil got out somewhere. Hopefully in burning off, it sealed itself. You should be able to easily find where it came from with the burnt crap all over the bottom of your car if you put it on a lift
+1 to that. When possible try and get it on a lift and inspect the underside very closely to make sure all is well.
#4 Old 06-08-2007, 05:00 PM

Garage
my first oil filter (The one that came with the car) had a hole in it and after a few hundred miles started spewing oil all over the underside of the car. I made the dealer scrub the hell out of it and give me a free oil change

#5 Old 06-08-2007, 05:13 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
my first oil filter (The one that came with the car) had a hole in it and after a few hundred miles started spewing oil all over the underside of the car. I made the dealer scrub the hell out of it and give me a free oil change
Dang that sux, but good that you got something extra in exchange for your headache.
#6 Old 06-09-2007, 11:55 AM
WRXtuners Member

dirtspike2 is an unknown
i geuss ill put the car up on a lift this weekend and look at the underneath. my buddy said it might have been the turbo seals seating. but the car has 20000 miles on it.
#7 Old 06-10-2007, 11:04 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtspike2 View Post
i geuss ill put the car up on a lift this weekend and look at the underneath. my buddy said it might have been the turbo seals seating. but the car has 20000 miles on it.
yeah, that ain't it

#8 Old 06-12-2007, 03:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

dirtspike2 is an unknown
well no mess underneath of the car so nuthing was leaking. it still hasent done it again so i geuss ill jus wait till it does sumthing again then take it to the dealer.
#9 Old 06-13-2007, 05:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

mr04wrx is more helpful than not
Last summer, I had that happen to me a couple of times, but only when it was warm (80's-90's). I would start it drive it for like 5 min, and then sit and let it idle and it would start smoking like crazy! It also did it when I would sit in traffic. last summer was the only time it has done it. At the time I had like 35k miles on it. It has yet to do it this spring, even though I have been in some of the same situations as last summer.