BOV Install requires a tune? - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 10-13-2013, 01:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

06_hawk_eye is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SubiWRX View Post
Thanks for the heads up on the tune issue i've felt it run funny seems to waste a lot of gas too could that be part of it? and what should i get to tune it is a Cobb V3 good?

Also about the Map sensor with the intake what's the difference between the cobb sensor and OEM?

Sorry guys for totally being a noob i'd like to do some more research on my own as well as to what are some good tips about the car what to do and not to do could anyone point me in the right direction?
The new cobbs are like 500-600. You can pick up the v2 for 300-400 on nastyioc. The Cobb will have a generic stage 2 map for a catted downpipe and intake. Any other tweeks will need to be followed by a protune.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
2010SubiWRX likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 10-13-2013, 05:17 PM
Premium Member

boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SubiWRX View Post
Thanks for the heads up on the tune issue i've felt it run funny seems to waste a lot of gas too could that be part of it? and what should i get to tune it is a Cobb V3 good?

Also about the Map sensor with the intake what's the difference between the cobb sensor and OEM?

Sorry guys for totally being a noob i'd like to do some more research on my own as well as to what are some good tips about the car what to do and not to do could anyone point me in the right direction?
Using more fuel is just part of modifying your car. I only get 17mpg average now You can get either a accessport v2, v3, or a opensource tune. Open source is where you buy a tactrix cable that hooks between your laptop and car. There is a special program thats free you can tune with after you get your cable. When we say map, were not talking about a map sensor. Were talking about the map in the ecu of the car that tells it what to do (fueling, timing, exct.) So, when you get a new map your actually rewriting the tables in the ecu to accomidate your new modifications and turn off check engine lights if applicable. All of the above tuning sources can change your map but, the cobb accessport has pre loaded ones for certian mods. The open source you change them yourself or have a tuner do it. custom maps can also be made with the accessport using software called access tuner race. Leave writing maps to the pro's though.

When tyler speaks of nastyioc he is referring to nasioc.com. It is another forum like ours with probably the worlds largest classified section of used performance parts. I wouldnt go over there talking all "newb" though because they can be very harsh and unforgiving aka a$$ holes! It is a great place to buy and sell though. Dont worry about being a newb. Stick with us and we will show you the way We were all new at one time!
2010SubiWRX likes this.

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
#18 Old 10-13-2013, 10:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Cobb's maps suck. They are glorified base maps. Get a real tune.
#19 Old 10-13-2013, 11:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

2010SubiWRX is an unknown
Awesome thank you guys so I think i'm going with the V3 to start then get the cord and start tuning myself . Any seggestion on how it's done? and thank you all so much for the help i'm only doing little mods to begin once i start some real work ill def post something up on here for help you guys are awesome very knowledgeable on this stuff thanks
#20 Old 10-14-2013, 09:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Adair forgot to say that professional Cobb certified tuners use a software called Pro Tuner....were the term protune is derived from.
boo-key bear and 2010SubiWRX like this.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae