Afternoon! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-14-2012, 04:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

Dunckel is an unknown
Afternoon!

Hello.

I recently purchased a 2011 satin white wrx limited. I've always been a subaru fan, but this is my first purchase. I come from the supra world, and am an active moderator on supramania though i sold my supra a couple years ago. It was a midnight blue pearl 88 turbo targa 5 speed with a couple go fast goodies. I still miss it and may just get another one some day.

I live in Spokane, Wa and moved here last year from Yakima, where I worked as a city, county, and federal corrections officer, as well as a police officer. I'm unable to talk about what I currently do, but it's interesting.

Anyway, looking forward to doing alot of research on the car, and maybe getting together with a local group and meeting some new people and getting some ideas. I probably won't do much to the car aside for an intake, and exhaust. I'll leave the turbo and boost alone for a while.

Good to be here. Talk to you all soon.

Dunckel

Last edited by Dunckel; 11-14-2012 at 06:45 PM. Reason: grammar and spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-14-2012, 06:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunckel View Post
I probably won't do much to the car aside for an intake, and exhaust. I'll leave the turbo and boost alone for a while.
#1. Welcome!

#2. Thanks for not saying "I probably won't do much to the car besides a blow off valve"

#3. Because you'll probably want to do a little more in the future: Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC

#4. Since you live in WA and will probably see a fair amount of snow each winter, you'll probably want to look into a set of snow tires (if you haven't already). It is common to mount winter tires on your stock wheels and then purchase a second set of wider/lighter wheels to mount a set of sticky summer tires on. I don't know what your tire situation is, but that should certainly be one of your first mods.

I've always loved Satin White Pearl Scoobs

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#3 Old 11-14-2012, 07:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Ahhhh, number two. hahaha, we see that way too much.
welcome to the club, Ive been snooping around some SWP's myself.. I cant make up my freaking mind.
anyway, enjoy the new ride. We would love to see some pics of her.

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#4 Old 11-14-2012, 08:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
+1 on pictures! Welcome to the club!

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
#5 Old 11-14-2012, 10:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

Dunckel is an unknown
Thanks for the welcome, guys. ManShow, don't worry. I'm not one of those kids that post, "I want teh 800hp. What turbos do i need? I'm gonna lower my car by heating up duh springs."

I'll get some pictures posted one of these sunny days.
#6 Old 11-14-2012, 10:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
How did I miss this thread???? Anyway welcome to the site....88 Supra I would have kept that, those are getting harder to find.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#7 Old 11-14-2012, 10:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

Dunckel is an unknown
I still kick myself for selling it. Fun car to drive, and it sounded great with the full 3" turbo back exhaust. I'm loving my new subie though.