2002 Wrx - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 21 Old 05-14-2008, 06:48 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
When you purchase the DP also look into either a tune or some type of EM (cobb AP or opensource) so you can flash a "stage 2" map which will give you even more of a power gain over just bolting the part on. Make sure to look into your states emission standards so you know if you can get away with running catless if you are looking that route. Also if you can afford to, get an upipe to do at the same time as your DP as it will be a little easier. It is for safety, not absolutely needed for just the addition of a DP. Like Mosc stated any brand of a bellmouth DP is really the best design to go for. And also as stated a CBE is mostly for noise/look, but you can get it also to "complete" the exhaust side of your car.

PS. Sorry for the long post, hope its understandable and helpful.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 Old 05-14-2008, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Ryan Kelly is an unknown
I think I'm starting to figure out everything to buy. Thanks a lot for the help guys I'd be lost by now without your help haha.

Wanted to ask a kinda newbish question do different exhausts make different sounds or is it most likely the same. I looked up the Invidia G200 Exhaust and I really like that one so far just wondering if different brands make a different kind of noise or does it not really matter because honestly I could careless what the sound is as long as I get the best performance out of it.
post #18 of 21 Old 05-14-2008, 10:25 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Some brands sound a little different, just depends on how/where they taper and all. Check out youtube for what different ones sound like. I have found many of the exhausts that are used posted up on youtube.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #19 of 21 Old 05-15-2008, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Ryan Kelly is an unknown
So I have been looking up on all the parts you guys recommended and I think I have made some decisions. Im deffinatly going to go with the Invidia Downpipe read up on it and it seems pretty nice. Im still trying to decide what exhaust I should get though either the Invidia G200, or the HKS Hi Power... SuBeast mentioned a COBB Accessport which I really have no idea what that is if any one could clear that up for me so I can look into it if I need to purchace it.

Edit: I think that what newtothegame was trying to say as well about the "a tune or some type of EM (cobb AP or opensource) so you can flash a "stage 2" map " if anyone could tell me what that is for that would be great.
post #20 of 21 Old 05-15-2008, 12:39 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
I would suggest searching around on this site for more information. Those are all easy questions to answer with a little poking around...

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
post #21 of 21 Old 05-15-2008, 08:18 PM

Just search Cobb AP (accessport) or opensource here:Tuning & Engine Management - WRXtuners and there is alot of reading material that has been discussed from people who were learning and or using them. For info about the Cobb AP specifically check out their CobbTuning.com - AccessPORT, this second link is for their different "OTS" mapnotes, bacially what each "stage consists of: website:CobbTuning.com - AccessPORT Maps. Hope this helps out some.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"