Wanted to see if anyone else feels the way I do. - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 30 Old 06-05-2007, 04:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

stagger_lee is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebean123 View Post
Basically, It just bothers me because motox is in no way related to rally racing, the only thing they share is that their both in dirt. And i know he's helping bring rally to america but at what cost, he's one of the few american rally drivers (so in a way hes representing america in the eyes of other countries and other drivers) and hes iffy at best. Thats what really bothers me most.

I feel you Bean on all accounts. Im an optimist, so how about this perspective? There are very few american rally drivers, so other countries arent expecting much from us anyway, so f-them, huh? I am all about bringing rally to america. Whether or not Travis is a great driver, there is a ton of little kids out there that are going to see him and already look up to him, and that might be the spark needed to get the next generation of american rally drivers out there and start dominating the sport. Look at it as investing in our future. I think that is what Subaru is doing. Not talking shiz on anyone at all, just throwin it out there. Cheers all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 30 Old 06-06-2007, 05:44 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Quote:
Originally Posted by stagger_lee View Post
I feel you Bean on all accounts. Im an optimist, so how about this perspective? There are very few american rally drivers, so other countries arent expecting much from us anyway, so f-them, huh? I am all about bringing rally to america. Whether or not Travis is a great driver, there is a ton of little kids out there that are going to see him and already look up to him, and that might be the spark needed to get the next generation of american rally drivers out there and start dominating the sport. Look at it as investing in our future. I think that is what Subaru is doing. Not talking shiz on anyone at all, just throwin it out there. Cheers all!
Well said, and very good point. I think that this is exactly what subaru is trying to do, and exactly what the youth and america need for something of this nature.
post #18 of 30 Old 06-29-2007, 12:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

king723 is an unknown
June 28, 2007

Travis Pastrana is Nominated For 3 ESPY Awards
- press release -

Los Angeles, California – June 27, 2007 – Travis Pastrana sets Action Sports history by becoming the first Action Sports athlete to be nominated for 3 ESPY’S including the mainstream categories of Best Play and Like Nothing Else.

Travis Pastrana is a man of firsts; first X Games Gold Medalist in freestyle motocross, first double back flip, first double back flip in competition, first X Games Gold Medal in rally racing, youngest Rally America Champion ever, and now he’s the first Action Sports athlete to be nominated for 3 ESPY’s in one year. In addition to Action Sports Athlete of the Year, Pastrana is also being nominated for the more mainstream categories of “Best Play” and “Like Nothing Else” for his historic Double Back Flip at the 2006 X Games. The nominations represent not only Pastrana’s transcendence as an Action Sports icon, but also his recognition as a legitimate mainstream sports star. The fact that he’s being including in the same categories as the mainstream sports athletes represents a milestone for action sports as the sport and its athletes are finally getting the recognition they so rightfully deserve. The winners are decided by the fans so all fans are encouraged to log on to www.espys.tv to vote and show their support of Action Sports and Travis. Additionally, we’re asking that all fans, friends and sponsors forward this to everyone they know and tell them to vote for Travis. Voting is open until July 7, 2007 so don’t wait!

Travis would like to thank all his sponsors for their continued support: Red Bull Energy Drink, Thor, Parts Unlimited, Alpinestars, DC Shoes, Michelin, Suzuki, Cernics, Ogio, Smith Optics, SUBARU, JD Motoring, Nixon, EVS and Kicker Inc.
post #19 of 30 Old 08-30-2007, 04:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

king723 is an unknown
Bemidji, Minnesota – August 26, 2007 – Travis Pastrana wins the Ojibwe Forest Rally and puts himself back in contention for 2007 Rally America Championship.

WMG athlete Travis Pastrana led round seven of the Rally America National Championship, the Ojibwe Forest Rally, from the first stage, going on to win seven of the event’s fifteen stages. The technically demanding Ojibwe Forest Rally featured over 150 miles of fast, sandy gravel forest roads winding through Bemidji, Minnesota.

After winning the opening stages and acquiring a comfortable forty second lead, Pastrana ran into some bad luck on the roadway. A mid-race tire puncture cost him over thirty seconds, leaving him with a scant eleven second lead over the next closest competitor. Despite suffered another tire puncture in the final stage of the rally, Pastrana was able to maintain his lead and take the Overall victory.

“I’m the luckiest unlucky person in the world today,” said a relieved Pastrana at the awards ceremony. “We came into this rally with the sole objective of getting the win and we had the rally in our control until the flat tire changed everything! But we were able to come away with the win even after our troubles, and we are back in the hunt for the championship!” This win, Pastrana’s third of the season and second in a row, puts the defending 2006 Rally America National Champion back in the title hunt. The final two rounds of the competition will take place Sept 22-23 in Colorado and October 26-27 at the Lake Superior Performance Rally.

Travis would like to thank all his sponsors for their continued support: Red Bull Energy Drink, Thor, Parts Unlimited, Alpinestars, DC Shoes, Michelin, Suzuki, Cernics, Ogio, Smith Optics, Subaru, Nixon, EVS and Kicker Inc.
post #20 of 30 Old 08-30-2007, 01:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Just curious How you feel, and if your a Pastrana fan Sorry hes good on two wheels but shouldn't be competing on four.
Let me know.
wtf kind of sense does that make?! because i drive a car i shouldn't ride my bike? your just jealous the man kicks ass at all the things you suck at.
post #21 of 30 Old 08-30-2007, 03:31 PM
drs
WRXtuners Member

drs is an unknown
i actually live near the kid Annapolis maryland. also have raced motocross at this kids house. you don't fully understand why htis kid is as good as he is. he is very deserving. he is relentless he took motocross to the max not caring how fast he was coming into a corner he would take it regardless. if he had his bike bouncing recklessly befor a jump he would take it. to have that type of attitude is exactly what subaru needs. what he needs is more experience to be able to respond like he did with motocross. experience experience experience. if he applys the same attitude to rally he will ball out.
post #22 of 30 Old 08-30-2007, 08:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful
^^^^^
it sounds like he has a solid understanding of vehicle dynamics, he certainly has the required scrotum accessories (big ####ing balls), drs is on the money, all thats left is seat time seat time seat time.
post #23 of 30 Old 09-05-2007, 04:53 AM
WRXtuners Member

king723 is an unknown
good to see theres more travis supporters...there isnt one better person to support rally and to reach a higher status then T.P. and definatly Ken Block too!
post #24 of 30 Old 09-11-2007, 03:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

valetudospan is an unknown
You couldn't even carry his jock strap.

fix the nut behind the wheel
post #25 of 30 Old 09-11-2007, 04:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to VD5505 Send a message via MSN to VD5505
i don't really see how anyone in their right mind coudl say that TP wont do well in rally, explain how he beat one of the best rally cross racers ever in the first x games to hold rally cross, yea im sure that wasn't just luck, he will take WRC to a new level and bring more fans into this sport, and there is nothing wrong with that at all.
post #26 of 30 Old 09-11-2007, 09:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXKidid775 is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by valetudospan View Post
You couldn't even carry his jock strap.
best post in this thread.

Robby
02 rex is gone.
I defected to an evo :)
Evo is gone :(
Now I got nothing.
post #27 of 30 Old 09-12-2007, 04:06 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
You think maybe he will play on an MLS (Major League Soccer) team next to help bring soccer ratings up here in the U.S also. No but for real, T.P is doing great. I wish I had half the talent that man has. Whatever he does, he excels at, hes dedicated and dteremined to be great at all things he does.
post #28 of 30 Old 09-25-2007, 08:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

king723 is an unknown
September 25, 2007

Ken Block Takes Dominant Victory at Rally Colorado, Travis Pastrana 3rd
- press release -

(September 23, 2007) Subaru Rally Team USA driver Ken Block and his co-driver Alex Gelsomino have won Rally Colorado, the penultimate round of the 2007 Rally America National Championship. Block drove his BFGoodrich Tires shod Subaru Impreza WRX STI rally car to a convincing win on the high-speed, high-altitude Colorado roads while teammate Travis Pastrana battled back from several setbacks to claim 3rd overall. Block, Pastrana and rival Andy Pinker, each competing in Subaru Impreza WRX STI rally cars, are now in a near dead-heat atop the Rally America Championship leaderboard, setting the stage for the final round, the 2007 Lake Superior Performance Rally (LSPR) to be 'winner-take-all'.

Rally Colorado is based in the scenic resort community of Steamboat Springs, just 150 miles west into the mountains from Denver. The rally historically includes over 100 miles of fast high altitude gravel roads that are dusty when dry, and impossibly slick when wet. The rally teams experienced both driving conditions this weekend when sunny weather on Saturday gave way to heavy downpours on Sunday's final leg. The roads turned treacherously muddy, and the rally was shortened due to road damage and safety concerns.

"I dedicate this win to Colin McRae," said Block after the podium ceremony. "It was an honor to call him my friend and I truly enjoyed the few times I competed with him. He is my biggest inspiration in rally and always will be." The rear glass on the Subaru rally cars of both Block and Pastrana were adorned with a large Scottish flag graphic and McRae's name as tribute to the legendary driver. The former World Rally Champion and recent teammate to Block and Pastrana at the X Games Rally was killed in a helicopter accident last weekend.

"To keep my championship hopes going, I needed to win this event and I did everything possible to do so," explained Block. "This rally really suits me; it's high-speed and requires a lot of commitment! I pushed really hard Saturday morning to build a lead and carry it to the end. Now if we win the final round, we win the championship. I won LSPR last year so I am feeling really confident in my chances there."

Defending Rally America Champion Travis Pastrana and his co-driver Christian Edstrom won Rally Colorado in 2006 and were the odds-on favorite to do so again this year. However, any hopes of victory this year by Pastrana were dashed after a difficult first day that included a turbo hose coming loose, a huge off-road excursion and a resulting tire puncture. "Well we had our troubles on the first day and nearly crashed very hard; the car just bounced way off the road during a stage then somehow found its way back up onto the road. It was the most fun I have ever had in a car, and I can't believe how strong our Subaru is!" exclaimed an animated Pastrana at the podium. "To take 3rd overall after all of that is great, and we'll take it!"

The ninth and final round of the 2007 Rally America National Championship takes place on Oct 26-27 in Houghton, Michigan.
Attached Images

post #29 of 30 Old 10-29-2007, 08:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

king723 is an unknown
Story from Rally-America.com

Pastrana takes Rally America championship with LSPR win

Subaru Rally Team USA driver Travis Pastrana clawed into the lead in the final stages of the Lake Superior Performance Rally on Saturday to take the win – and his second Rally America driver’s title.

“It was pretty tight,” said an enthusiastic Pastrana at the finish line. “We won. We didn’t crash, and we won the championship too… I’m pretty pumped.”

With four overall wins in 2007, the motocross rider turned rally star was the driver to beat this season as he fought for the title into the last seconds of the final round.

“That last stage might have been one of the best I’ve ever driven,” he said.

Coming into this ninth rally in the series, it would be winner take all. Pastrana and his Subaru Rally Team USA teammate Ken Block were tied for points in the overall championship standings, behind Rockstar Energy driver Andrew Pinker. A victory by any of these drivers would secure them the championship.

When Block and co-driver Alex Gelsomino were forced out of the contest on Day 1 after a disappointing off-road excursion that damaged the front-end of their competition car, the championship hopes of the Subaru factory team rested with Pastrana and co-driver Christian Edstrom.

Equally determined were the fiercely competitive Pinker and co-driver Robbie Durant, and his Syms Rockstar Energy teammates Foust and co-driver Chrissie Beavis.

Pinker appeared off the pace from the early stages, while Foust – who was looking for his first win of the season at this final round – set blistering times early on.

Pinker wasn’t able to make up for lost time on Day 2, and victory slipped away from Foust in the final stages when he suffered a flat tire. In the end, Foust was second, just 3.5 seconds behind Pastrana. Pinker finished third.

“It was close, but no cigar,” said Pinker, who wound up second overall in the driver’s championship. “We’ll get it next year.”

The native Australian has been competing in the United States for two seasons now, and said the level of competition here is as good as any he’s seen in his global travels.

“This is as competitive as any national championship in the world,” he said.

Foust entered this contest hot off a victory in his other championship, the Formula D drifting series. This rally season was his first at the front of the field in the fiercely competitive Open class and he proved up to the challenge. Although he was out of championship contention by the end of the season, he and co-driver Chrissie Beavis secured the gold medal at the Summer X Games Rally Car Race.

“For the Rockstar and Syms team, it’s a great accomplishment in our first year,” he said.

Despite transmission trouble, Matt Johnson and co-driver Jeremy Wimpey put in an incredible performance to win the Production GT class and secure the class championship. The duo were fierce competitors all year, suffering two big crashes as they pushed the limits en route to the title.

In two-wheel drive, Doug Shepherd and co-driver Karen Wagner led the STPR field to finish first in their Group 5 2003 Dodge SRT 4.

In addition to the overall Rally America title, this event is critical to the new MaxAttack! Triple Crown Rally Series for two-wheel drive. The two previous events in the Triple Crown Rally Series were the Oregon Trail Rally and Rally West Virginia and the first-ever series winner was be decided this weekend. The winner was not immediately available.

Tom and Don Burress took the Group 2 win at this event in their Volkswagen Rabbit, while Arkadiusz Gruszka and Grzegorz Dorman finished first in Group N. Production class went to the sibling team of Jan and Jody Zedril in their Mitsubishi Lancer.

The contest is typically very challenging, and attrition rates are often high. The unpredictable wintry weather of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula means conditions are changeable and the course has a legacy as one of the toughest on the continent.

Early scores and championship results are unofficial, pending final officiating processes.

Rally car racing is considered the extreme sport of automobile racing and is often described simply as “real cars, real roads, real fast.” This all-season motorsport sees drivers and their co-drivers take modified road cars to the limit as they achieve blistering speeds over courses that cover more than 100 miles of gravel, dirt or snow-covered roads. The Rally America national championship consists of nine events nationwide.

Rally America, a Minneapolis, Minnesota based corporation, holds the sanctioning and marketing rights to the Rally America Championship and also organizes the marquee X Games Rally Car Race.

Complete television coverage of the 2007 Rally America Championship and the 2007 Summer X Games airs on ABC and ESPN. The action resumes in January with the season-opening Sno*Drift Rally in northern Michigan.
post #30 of 30 Old 10-29-2007, 08:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

rad sauce
Sponsored Links
Advertisement