Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Rallycross/Rally Tech (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f114/)
-   -   Wanted to see if anyone else feels the way I do. (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f114/wanted-see-if-anyone-else-feels-way-i-do-18509/)

thebean123 05-30-2007 04:10 PM

Wanted to see if anyone else feels the way I do.

I love everything rally, I mean thats the reason i bought a subaru. I wanted a compatent rally car right out of the package. I love m subaru, I cant drive it and not smile. Well I dont love anything more than stage rally, i meanit even beats the brains out of rallycross.
So im sure anyone thats into subaru WRC would have heard about that tool Travis Pastrana getting bumped up into the leagues of WRC. What the F### is subaru doing are you joking me. There are so many more deserving drivers out there than that little prick, and i know hes not at the top yet but he will be because of subarus big effort to promote rally here in america, but come on theres gotta be someone else. This guy doesn't deserve to sit in the cockpit of one of suabrus finely tuned rally machines, all he do is roll it 18 F-ing times(here im refering to a long sweeper Pastrana rolled a Subaru 18 times out of) a long left sweeper basically the easiest turn you can take in a rally event ad you roll it 18 times. And all this because he won the Xgames, did you see who he was racing; a retired rally driver way passed his prime and Ken Block (not quite as bad as pastrana). Maybe im just over reacting but i love rally to much to see this bastard F##k it up. And dont even get me started on SubieSports backing of Pastrana, saying that hes storming Argentina and he finishes a "respectable" 10th, mabe if you have no hands or feet- thats practically last he beat 3 people. Give me a break

Just curious How you feel, and if your a Pastrana fan Sorry hes good on two wheels but shouldn't be competing on four.
Let me know.

metroscub 05-30-2007 05:19 PM

well said. he is a marketing tool, and a tool.

thebean123 05-30-2007 07:58 PM

Ya exactly hes just a corporate gimmick, and hes showing all these kids rally for the first time because they like him in motoX, but instead of seeing real rally heroes like Mcray, Edwards, the swedish guys whose names i cant spell because of lack of keys, i mean shit even Solberg. But no they see this no talent bum finishing 10th ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
makes me so mad. Im going to try writing a letter to SOA and be like WTF guys what are you thinking, gove me 10 minutes in one of the cars and ill show him how its done.
And the worst part is that everyone is feeding his freaking ego, who gets congradulated for 10th a RETARD.
But thanx MetroScub i couldn't agree more.

thebean123 05-30-2007 08:00 PM

if i ever see him im gonna punch him right in the uterus, Bam one solid right hook right to the baby maker.

WRXKidid775 05-30-2007 08:03 PM

too bad you only named drivers who were already signed by other teams in the WRC.

hes a good driver give him i break. i dont like him either but rally is one of the hardest ways to race in the world and if hes getting 10th in his first season id say thats pretty damn good.

racing is about money. there might be someone who is twice as good as a driver but doesnt have the money to get themselves into the competetive circuit they need to be in to have the subaru team see them. I really want to race in the SCCA speed series but i am not banking my life on that. I dont have the developed talent but most of all I dont have the moeny to build a car to race in a series for a year or 2 like that to be seen by the big name teams.

nagyhead 05-30-2007 11:29 PM

I just went to a rally and he crashed 1 turn before the spectator area. The day before he crashed. and the event before olympia, you guess it he crashed.
I agree completely.
It was funny, after he crashed, he was walking buy the spectators and everyone started clapping, and then he says "everyone stop clapping, They are going to kill me at the office on Monday." I would have loved to been at that meeting

king723 05-31-2007 12:43 AM

Ummm why are you talkin shit about travis pastrana..in my opinion and with motocross background he is ####ing awsome with the subbies. K answer me this.. how long does it take any racer to develop skills to compete at a top level of any racing? Years right..yeah you bet! Travis has only been racing rally cars seriously for about 2 years..in my mind he is doing damn good! Give him a couple more years and he will be top 3 all the time.. And about the 18 roll/flip crash..thats just the way he is and thats ALWAYS been how he races..hes a bad ass ####er bro common who in there right mind does a double backflip! considering how many x game gold metals and 125cc supercross and mx national championships.. I really do think he has the most all around tallent out of them all.. And give him some credit.. He stepped it up to the hardest kind of racing around, at least he didnt go the ####y way out and race nascar like Ricky carmichael.

king723 05-31-2007 12:47 AM

[QUOTE=thebean123;155349]if i ever see him im gonna punch him right in the uterus, Bam one solid right hook right to the baby maker.[/QUOTE]

thats one ####ed up statement bro..go jump a 200 foot gap on a dirtbike an then talk.. Oh and btw pulled that off when he was 12.. Go beat ricky carmichael or james stuart and then talk..do a double backflip..win 9 xgame gold metals..pull off a factory ride with subaru.. yeah #### u hmmm jealousy im guessing.

also man look at it this way.. wouldnt we all love to turn to channel 7 and see rally on tv!? Travis has so many loyal fans that him and Ken will do great things for the sport and who knows how far they are going to take it? MX and freestyle wouldnt be the way it is now without Travis.. Youll see man just give it sometime. There is nobody out there who could do better with making it somewhat"mainstream."

WRXKidid775 05-31-2007 02:22 AM

^I like this guy^

king723 05-31-2007 07:17 PM

haha thanks bro... Oh and those who are hatin on Ken Block aka co owner of dc shoes.. Im sure pretty much everyone here has atleast seen or heard about his 171 foot jump ken pulled off in yeah of course a bad ass sti. That shit is ####ing nuts i mean who here would even do that on a dirtbike!? I wouldnt even mess with that! hah I know that jump sure as hell looked good on our subarus. Yeah i know it wasnt a stock one of course but i mean it held up pretty good!

from discovery channel Stunt junkies.. [url]http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/stuntjunkies/profiles/block.html[/url]

Perry's Thoughts:
Ever since the Dukes of Hazard, I think it's been every red-blooded American boy's dream to get to jump a car 40 feet in the air, land it, and drive away. When it comes to jumping cars in the movies, although you can get height and distance, the same car seldom drives away, so I was very interested to see if Ken Block could actually fly a car over 100 feet, land, and drive away under the car's own power. From hitting the takeoff ramp and flying through the air, which looked like it was right out of a movie, to landing over 170 feet away on the landing ramp, Ken Block made it look effortless. I was truly impressed.

Eli's Thoughts:
Ken Block is a successful guy with a long history in action sports. He arrived at Lake Elsinore with his Subaru rally car and crew. He ripped the car around a bit — rally car driving is extremely cool! He brought Jesse to make the ramp, and before too long, there was this amazingly deep hole in the ground. I got a chance to go rally around a course with Ken and I can tell you this stuff is truly exciting. The sport requires split-second decisions and a real feel for the car. Ken started his jump at 100 feet, and when he hit the jump, you could not have asked for a better landing. He hit it perfectly and the jump was shaped to perfection. So Ken was like, "Let's move it back." On Stunt Day, Ken hit the jump at 135 feet and once again it was flawless, so they moved the jump back and Ken went right for it. He ended up overshooting the landing a bit and the car took a real hit. Luckily, Ken was OK, but the car would need some serious repair. In the end, he flew that car farther than I ever thought a car could fly, over 170 feet! His original goal was 100 feet and he blew that out by a wide margin. I wish Ken all the best in the future, and know with his attitude and skill he will have much more success to come.

my first thought after reading all that was..hmmmm i wonder if T.P. will get 200 feet!:sneaky: Yeah maybe a back flip would nice too! lol im just kiddin on that.

thebean123 05-31-2007 11:29 PM

Hey I have no qualms with Ken Block, notice i said hes not so bad, using sarcasm on here isn't a good ideam, my bad. And like I said he is a great Motox rider, i will not take that away from him, that would be criminal. But rally is not his race. And King your making my point he needs to develop more before he races at this level. And please dont give me that id like to see you do this and that crap, I dont do dirtbikes, for a reason. And i never questioned his talent in Motox
Sorry about the Ken Block thing, I really have no problems with him, I thought the jump was really cool. And i agree with Eli and Perry, And thanks for your opinions I like to see where people stand.

kh15 06-01-2007 12:15 AM

its all about who you are and your name! call it politics, its like everything in life, the rich get richer etc. high profile people always have and will seem to move up the ladder quicker and sometimes for other reasons than they should all because of material factors. sure it sucks but you just have to live with it.

metroscub 06-01-2007 10:26 AM

keepin' a brutha down man! fo sho!

thebean123 06-01-2007 10:59 AM

Basically, It just bothers me because motox is in no way related to rally racing, the only thing they share is that their both in dirt. And i know he's helping bring rally to america but at what cost, he's one of the few american rally drivers (so in a way hes representing america in the eyes of other countries and other drivers) and hes iffy at best. Thats what really bothers me most.

king723 06-04-2007 11:06 PM

June 04, 2007

Pastrana Rallies to 3rd At STPR, Climbs Back Into Championship Hunt
- press release -

(June 3, 2007) Defending Rally America National Champion Travis Pastrana drove his 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI rally car to a 3rd Overall finish at the Susquehannock Trail Performance Rally (STPR) this weekend. A tire puncture and an engine misfire prevented him from battling for an overall victory, but the strong points finish moves him up into a tie for 3rd Overall in the Rally America National Championship standings.

The high-speed classic known as STPR, now in its 31st running, takes place in north central Pennsylvania on smooth, flowing gravel and clay-based roads. STPR is one of the fastest Rally America events, but the roads are narrow and lined with trees, making the event notoriously dangerous. The event's famed "Subaru Splash" water crossing early in the rally continues to dazzle masses of spectators each year.

Pastrana and his co-driver Christian Edstrom were slowed early in the rally by a flat tire and an engine misfire attributed to the wrong fuel being provided by a local fuel supplier. A handful of other teams were affected as well, with numerous engine problems being reported. "We didn't have a clean run this weekend, so I'm happy to have finished on the podium and get some points," explained Pastrana. "We felt good in the car and we were going to attack late in the rally to fight for a win, but my engine never really recovered from the bad fuel so we decided to play it safe and just finish." Pastrana now sits in a tie for 3rd Overall in the 2007 Rally America National Championship standings with four rounds to go.

Pastrana's teammate Ken Block faired much worse and nearly didn't start the rally. On the shakedown stage, the day prior to the rally start, Block hit a tree heavily on the right rear passenger door of his rally car. Block's Subaru was too heavily damaged to compete the following morning and the decision was made to transport a spare car from Subaru Rally Team USA's headquarters, 300 miles away in Colchester, Vermont. Arriving in the middle of the night was the 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Block used for his famous 171ft jump for the Discovery Channel show 'Stunt Junkies' late last year. The car however was far from competition ready and upon its arrival the Subaru Rally Team USA mechanics worked through the night and into the morning to ready it. Meanwhile, co-driver Alex Gelsomino felt he may have suffered a mild concussion in the impact and decided to sit out the rally on safety grounds. In Gelsomino's place would sit the team's Sporting Adviser and 11-time US rally champion John Buffum!

However, the night's hard work would be for naught, as Block and Buffum stopped on the second stage due to a mechanical problem with the stand-in rally car.

"I'm really glad we are OK after our accident yesterday, and amazed at what the team was able to put together for me overnight," said Block. "I'm disappointed I couldn't run the whole rally with John Buffum, he has been a great mentor to Travis and I and it would have been good fun to drive with him at my side!"