Help Me Rally Out My Wagon!!! - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 09-12-2009, 03:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

beesh is an unknown
Hey guys so ive been looking into sway bars and bushings from RalliTek for my wagon and theres like a hundred different kinds of bushings on here and i have no idea which i would need. heres the link, maybe someone can make a short list of the ones i would actually need:
WRX Suspension

aslo, im looking at these sway bar kits, would this one be the best one for my wagon? i think its front and back, is that good?
WRX Sway Bar Kit 2002-07 by RalliTEK

besides bars and bushings what else would i need in this department?
Thanx again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 09-12-2009, 03:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

beesh is an unknown
Actually i just noticed that the whiteline guys prob have the best upgrades in this domain. Heres the link to their products, or if you do a search at the bottom of their page for a subaru, impreza, 03-07 turbo wagon itll bring up a list of all the parts that fit my car, which parts do you guys think id need most? Thanx again. Man this is fun

Whiteline Automotive Suspension - for optimum performance handling and car suspension.
#18 Old 04-26-2011, 12:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

baumgartenb is an unknown
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by man show View Post
I'm kind of surprised nobody mentioned anything about mudflaps yet... of course, you also have to have 4 or more Hella lights custom mounted on a bar of some sort across the front of your car. Make sure you have plenty of logos and decals on it and the brighter colors you can paint it, the better. Also, wear a helmet everywhere you drive. Make sure you never wash it. A true rally car is dirty all the time. I've never seen a winch on a Subaru before, but that might be a nice touch. Make sure the tire-to-wheel ratio is appropriate - use the smallest wheel you can fit on there with the biggest possible tire. It's going to be tough to clear the 07 brake calipers... you'll be lucky to find a set of 16" wheels that will work. Maybe a few random antennas would look cool too. Or a spare gas tank mounted externally for further aesthetic appeal. OH!!! Paint the thing camoflauge! That's definitely better than bright colors. Instead of an internal roll cage, you could build a sweet exo-cage. Man, you could really have some fun building that thing. Be sure to post pics if you actually do any of that stuff. I think the documentation of a rally car build would be a nice change of pace for this site as everybody seems to be transforming their Scoobs into nasty street machines.
Good call on the mudflaps but you forgot to mention that they need to be very wide and dragging on the ground...and also make sure you go through and put lots of pop rivets and zipties on the car to hold everything together. also dont forget to put your name as well as co-drivers name on both rear windows with the flag in front of each

Brian
2002 stage 2 WRX - DD
1993 Trans Am - summer car
#19 Old 04-26-2011, 04:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

jonathang is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by beesh View Post
So I have a 07 WRX wagon and I want to rally it out completely but I dont know what the best rally gear out there is. Can anyone help me out? Any info whether its just a good suspension company to look into or if someone gives me a list of everything I should get, it would all be greatly appreciated. Thanx!
Your best bet would be to go to some of the rallies around you and check out what is actually being used "in the field". You will get a lot of great ideas just by hanging around the different teams.
#20 Old 05-17-2011, 04:55 AM
WRXtuners Member

4kita is an unknown
My turn... I've been into rallyong since before I got my drivers licience, and that was in 94 (I'm not doing the math)
Traditionally, nobody ever gave too much attention to the swaybars as there's so much undulation & off camber corners here in NewZealand that stiff swaybars were not high on the priority list. Myself with a 2001 Bugeye hatch, I'm not going to touch the front swaybar unless I get Sedan lower arms and have to... as for shocks All I intend to do is get some new KYB shocks, Maybe you could think about STi struts (the red KYB inverted things) but I don't have that kind of budget. as for the rear sway bar... I'll think about the AFTER I find out what the Australian made King Springs do with the Handling (and NOT BEFORE)

I'll do the Bushes as I go, as It seems pointless to go buying a full kit of bushes when 1/2 if not more of the aftermarket parts will either not have bushings but ball/Rose joints or have specially made bushes allready fitted to them... Bushes that dont com with parts... Gearbox mounts, Subframe Locking kits, steering rack etc.
Whiteline do adjustable arms for the ass end, & I will definately look into getting some. though I'm not too sure if "I" would chuck the plastic swaybar link for more rigid Alloy ones. as on gravel & rough roads... things NEED to move, so it could actually be an Idea to see if you can flip the arms, or swap from side to side so the link mount is on top & use a rose joint setup of somekind, but thats just a tought & I don't know if here's room to do it without going outside and getting wet right now.

I've already done My exhaust, thats a Must for ANY suby fan lol
though my own suspension will not be "that" tight, I'll still get a rear strut brace, front brace plus I'll get some under car braces.

If you really want to get the rally feel Fast, pull your seats out, this will allow you to rip your carpet & sound proofing out & then you can put your front seats back in and BBQ the rest!
#21 Old 05-17-2011, 12:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

jonathang is an unknown
Are you actually planning to rally competitively or are you just going for "the look"? If you are going to rally then join your local rally club and start talking to people. Volunteer at some events and maybe help pit crew for a local team before you start dropping lots of cash on useless accessories.
#22 Old 07-10-2011, 10:59 AM
WRXtuners Member

POSEIDON is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by man show View Post
I'm kind of surprised nobody mentioned anything about mudflaps yet... of course, you also have to have 4 or more Hella lights custom mounted on a bar of some sort across the front of your car. Make sure you have plenty of logos and decals on it and the brighter colors you can paint it, the better. Also, wear a helmet everywhere you drive. Make sure you never wash it. A true rally car is dirty all the time. I've never seen a winch on a Subaru before, but that might be a nice touch. Make sure the tire-to-wheel ratio is appropriate - use the smallest wheel you can fit on there with the biggest possible tire. It's going to be tough to clear the 07 brake calipers... you'll be lucky to find a set of 16" wheels that will work. Maybe a few random antennas would look cool too. Or a spare gas tank mounted externally for further aesthetic appeal. OH!!! Paint the thing camoflauge! That's definitely better than bright colors. Instead of an internal roll cage, you could build a sweet exo-cage. Man, you could really have some fun building that thing. Be sure to post pics if you actually do any of that stuff. I think the documentation of a rally car build would be a nice change of pace for this site as everybody seems to be transforming their Scoobs into nasty street machines.