Coilovers for rally/daily driver possible? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-11-2010, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Smokin'Joe is more helpful than not
Coilovers for rally/daily driver possible?

I'm curious as to which kind of coil overs to start saving for. I'm partial to mono tube design for certain, but I don't need something that is undrivable for regular to and fro type driving as well. They're all height adjustable it seems, but I have no clue when it comes to coilovers and I'd would like them rally capable. Not necessarily the top of the line pure rally breed set, but something that can take a beating and keep me from bottoming out (yeah, the skid plates are in the works!). Is this just a pipe dream idea or do such things actually exist? All I keep getting in response are for auto cross... I'm talking dirty, gravel chewing, rally! Streets are fun, but no near as fun as off the beaten (paved) path!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-12-2010, 02:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

thack03 is an unknown
I have heard decent things about ksport gravel spec, they are around 1600, so not cheap but not like dms price. Thinking about those myself
post #3 of 4 Old 01-13-2010, 07:47 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
BC's are ok.... stay away from Megan.

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
post #4 of 4 Old 01-29-2010, 03:52 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Smokin'Joe is more helpful than not
I'm wondering if the Ksport gravel spec's would be ok for daily driving as well. From what I know you get a ton of travel with them and lots of adjust-ability. Also, that you want small to zero sways so the suspension can do it's independent deal while on the rally course, but might help a little for smoother tracks. I put the 20mm Whiteline bar on the rear, but I don't know how that's going to effect the travel rates (I imagine not good on uneven terrain...). I read up on BC's and they seem awesome for street and track, but no feedback at all for gravel specs or just rally in general. I can't imagine that's a good thing, lol. I really just want shocks I can pump up and raise so I can go get off road and dirty, not serious competition ya know. But I don't want to be bending stuff or bottoming out (even though I'll have some skid plates soon enough) just from pushing a little. Think "happy median" type deal, lol. Thanks for the input guys. I'm searching alot since they're expensive and I have some time yet 'till I get them. Too much time :P

Joe

Only use roads to get to the dirt; Then keep it sideways! >;D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement