1st rallyX ever! - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 03-27-2008, 12:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful
^^^^^
ugh

disregard the entire first paragraph

thats not snap oversteer

its his first time out. might as well refer to him as Dr. Slow Hands. catching snap oversteer shouldent even be something hes considering at this point.

are you ####ing insaine? big entry speed = oversteer. not slightly faster then you should be going, BIG ENTRY SPEED.

it shows

well, WHEN your braking an steering will be the largest factor. shifting into first is not hard.

sometimes i hate forums...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 03-27-2008, 02:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

MilesFox is an unknown
i'm not talking about big entry speed, im talking about keeping the car moving, as in, not losing speed over ill cornering. but what the hell would i know. surely i must live in a dream world according to that mosc fellow...

i think you entirely misinterpreted my post.
#18 Old 03-27-2008, 03:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful
each line in my reply was a response to a line in your post. sorry that was not clearer.
#19 Old 03-27-2008, 03:00 PM
Administrator

awd4life is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose Nuggets View Post

sometimes i hate forums...
HAHA! It is nice when a person that has actually driven cars in a track situation is on the forums. Please be kind to those of us that have not had any seat time. I know that I have put my foot in my mouth many times trying, unsuccessfully i might add, to put down what I "mean" and just sounding a fool. Thank you for your input Nugs. Keep fighting the good fight and keep us out of fences, trees, and light posts.
#20 Old 03-27-2008, 03:30 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesFox View Post
i'm not talking about big entry speed, im talking about keeping the car moving, as in, not losing speed over ill cornering. but what the hell would i know. surely i must live in a dream world according to that mosc fellow...

i think you entirely misinterpreted my post.
Fox, what the #### do I have to do with this? Well, now you've dragged me into this. Quit it. Now.

NN, you can be nicer when you correct people too.

Now, lets carry on with a very good discussion about driving techniques and leave our egos and our grudges out of it. I was actually finding this thread a good read up until recently...

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#21 Old 10-08-2008, 04:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful 03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via MSN to 03 CrazyTaxi Send a message via Yahoo to 03 CrazyTaxi
A little while back I was at my first RallyX. Let me share a few insights that I had.

#1. Raise your tire pressure close to the maximum. Prevents rolling the bead.
#2. Before the race, disable your ABS by pulling the fuse. 20A by your left knee.
#3. Use 1st and 2nd wisely. If you exit a corner too slow, downshift. Yeah, you'll throw some dirt but you'll build the neccessary speed in order to sling the back end of the car around for the next turn.
#4. You're going to be nervous the first time out. Find a song that works for you and crank it up. I used Lowrider by War and Paul Revere by The Beastie Boys.
#5. RAISE YOUR TIRE PRESSURE
#6. When in doubt, floor it. Unless you are pointed at a tree/boulder/car/whatever.
#7. Aim for the apex cones when at speed. Momentum will carry you just around it.
#8. Always look ahead. You're wired to take you where your eyes are looking.
#9. Don't be afraid to hit the cones unless they are the finish line cones.
#10. RAISE YOUR TIRE PRESSURE!

Don't forget to have fun. This was seriously the most fun I've had in a car with my clothes on or off. You're neck will be sore from wearing the helmet if you aren't used to it. Relax, it's not broken.

VF34'd Corvette Killer aka Doug
#22 Old 10-09-2008, 11:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SuBeast
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
I was actually finding this thread a good read up until recently...
x2. Very interesting read on Rally.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 CrazyTaxi
#6. When in doubt, floor it. Unless you are pointed at a tree/boulder/car/whatever.
That sounds like a plan. Now I wish I could go rallying, it sounds so exciting! Wouldn't it be a good idea to do a check up on your suspension parts, before AND after the Rally so you know if somethings broken or not? Maybe even lube up your shocks and everything? I dunno, just thought it'd be a good idea

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
1990 Civic time-attack project
1990 Toyota Hilux - daily
#23 Old 10-11-2008, 10:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful 03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Yeah, you'll want to make sure your sway bar end links are tight, actually all bolts, alignment is relatively close to spec, and check any bushings you can get to. As with any racing, I'd suggest checking all fluids, bring any tools you think you might need to make a temporary repair. Damage is not likely but it's best to be prepared.

The whole checking bolts, bushings, and alignment isn't exactly necessary. At my last one, I had a broken rear endlink bolt, broken exhaust flange, a damaged control arm bushing, and a blown passenger side front shock, and a slight leak in my power steering rack. That was all before the rally... Only problem I had after the rally aside from the above was that I rolled the bead on one of my tires.

I've replaced ALL my rubber bushings now and the car feels alot tighter, we'll see how the car handles having 2 drivers tomorrow. I'm a little low on oil but I'll have a chance to add some before the race thankfully.

#24 Old 10-12-2008, 11:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

For anyone wanting to know what it should look like when you're doing it right...

#25 Old 10-13-2008, 10:23 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Complements to your cameraman.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#26 Old 10-13-2008, 11:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Yeah, really....if that's not already your desktop background. It should be....Haha. Very nice pics.
#27 Old 10-13-2008, 03:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

Mosc, I'll pass it on.

Turmic, I wouldn't be a Subaru fanatic or a Rally fan without it. The first one actually took the place of one of my 100 Acre Wood shots.

More pics. Some of me behind the wheel and some from when my co-driver was in control. He is #11 and I'm #1. I finished 2nd and he took 3rd behind a 97 Outback by maybe 3 seconds overall.

#28 Old 10-13-2008, 05:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
what tires do you use when you rally?
#29 Old 10-13-2008, 09:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

Currently I'm on Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Positions. Not exactly the best tires to use since they are all season tires and my winter tiresf. That's why I'm getting Blizzak LM-25s, studless snow tires that have some serious grip on dirt as well as snow.

#30 Old 10-13-2008, 09:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SuBeast
Wow, looks and sounds like so much fun. Do you eat through tires like you do on Asphalt?

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
1990 Civic time-attack project
1990 Toyota Hilux - daily