100 Acre Wood - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 02-24-2009, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful 03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via MSN to 03 CrazyTaxi Send a message via Yahoo to 03 CrazyTaxi
100 Acre Wood

So rally fans, it's time once again for the 100 Acre Wood and Trespassers Wil Rally here in Missouri. Travis Pastrana will be at one of our local Subaru dealers tomorrow signing autographs possibly joined by Ken Block, Dave Mirra, and the Redbull girls

I will be heading down to the race on Thursday, volunteering on Friday, and spectating on Saturday. I'll post up pics as soon as I get them.

VF34'd Corvette Killer aka Doug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 03-01-2009, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful 03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Ok, so I can't claim these pics as one's I've taken. These are from my photo crew that rode with me to the marshalling points I was assigned to. These are from Stage 1 so most of the drivers were pushing it pretty hard. Anyone that is interested in spectating next year, I highly recommend volunteering as a marshall. You get better spots to see the race and the spots are typically better than any of the spectator points. Plus volunteering gets you into the after party with the drivers.

Last edited by 03 CrazyTaxi; 03-03-2009 at 06:46 PM.
post #3 of 17 Old 03-01-2009, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

More to come soon. Btw, Pastrana went off at Stage 4. He rolled the car 3 times before giving a tree a hug. Him and Edstrom are fine, the car on the other hand... Ken Block won for the 4th year in a row. Mirra did well considering he didn't even finish last year.

post #4 of 17 Old 03-01-2009, 06:40 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Nice pics man. Thanks for sharing.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #5 of 17 Old 03-01-2009, 07:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
that's cool as hell. no surprise in pastrana crashing. he is a crazy driver.

ken block is still badass. he is an absolutely amazing driver imo

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
post #6 of 17 Old 03-02-2009, 11:01 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Boo on foust driving a evo. He's done amazing things in STIs. Corporate sponsership made him probably jump ship. Nice pics though...I love watching rally events and looking at rally pics. I want to take off work and watch the rally event that's held in southern pa this year. Its not that far from me. 30-45 min drive at the most? Yeah, pastrana pushes it to the limit. So, not a huge surprise there.

Edit: I had to look at my old post. Its the Susquehannock Trail Performance Rally in June. That's close to me. Its where the 08 body style debuted last year. I was sorta pissed at myself for missing the event.
post #7 of 17 Old 03-02-2009, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

The story behind Foust driving an Evo is a sad one. He tried getting an 08 STi but Subaru wouldn't work with him, Mitsubishi however did. Something I'm proud to admit but kind of ashamed about is that Andrew Commie-Picard needed a 14mm deep socket and ratchet to tighten his turbo bolts and I loaned him my "tear a Subaru to pieces" bag. After that, he won the next 3 stages... Although it was nice to see that a driver knew how to work on his own car. There's plenty more pics on the way, including the ones of a DSM that nearly killed us. They were pushing it WAY too hard around first of the two turns in my marshall point, fishtailing down the straight, apexed too early and nearly hit us before going off into the woods and finally making it back on to the course.

post #8 of 17 Old 03-03-2009, 09:53 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Can't wait for more pics. It is sad that Subaru wouldn't work with him. Yeah, he devotes a lot of his time to drifting as well. But, he has set track records in STIs built by crawford. I dunno...big business. If it doesn't make sense, then it makes big business sense. Mitsubishi would be fools if they didn't jump at the chance to scoop up foust. I'm just hoping if i make it to the Susquehannock Rally, that the subarus don't wreck their way out like last years debut of the 08. Pastrana and Ken Block both wrecked the new rides and could not finish.
post #9 of 17 Old 03-03-2009, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

More pics from photographer #2. This was the guy that nearly got hit by the Talon.

post #10 of 17 Old 03-03-2009, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

post #11 of 17 Old 03-03-2009, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

post #12 of 17 Old 03-03-2009, 07:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
that is so badass!!!

is ken block in the 08 black/white Monster STi?

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
post #13 of 17 Old 03-03-2009, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Yep, and Mirra is in Block's old car with Derek Ringer, Pastrana's old co-driver. He's like the red headed step child of Subaru Rally Team - USA

One last pic for now. I was able to convince a few more members of the team to sign the Taxi... Just one last one to go if Pastrana ever decides to stick with a codriver for more than a season.

post #14 of 17 Old 03-04-2009, 08:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

shamrock is an unknown
^^^The autographs are cool. But Subie not working with Tanner is BS. But they will sponcer "Crash"-Pastrana and Dave Mira

_Ryan_
2004 Wrb "BUGEYE"
http://www.misubie.com/
post #15 of 17 Old 03-04-2009, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Considering Pastrana and Mirra are part of SUBARU RALLY TEAM - USA and Foust isn't... Oh, and Mirra finished 7th overall this year. Quite a bit better than last year. Pastrana on the other hand has the friendly challenge between him and Block that he issued at last month's rally so he was pushing a bit harder than he normally would have.