WOO-HOO!!! Drag racing Friday - Page 4 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#46 Old 08-02-2011, 09:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
No, he says that the chinese places are the best... Something to do with what's cooked/fried in the actual oil.

Anyways, I think he paid ~400 for the kit and all the Chinese places he goes just tell him to take what he wants.... He has a couple blue 50gal drums he uses to filter and all that....

I'm impressed on his "skills" with all that either way.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#47 Old 08-04-2011, 07:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Soooo back on topic. I found that my radiator leak was a hole in the bottom hose, so that is replaced. Going to wait on ordering new axles until after I get the other block back from the machine shop. Then of course deal with putting everything back together.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#48 Old 08-04-2011, 09:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Glad that one thing is fixed. But, one thing I would worry about is that the upgraded shafts would add more abuse to the transmission.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#49 Old 08-05-2011, 03:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Glad that one thing is fixed. But, one thing I would worry about is that the upgraded shafts would add more abuse to the transmission.
I'm not worried when it goes it goes....LOL I got the mad tyte Festiva to drive...LOL

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#50 Old 08-06-2011, 09:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
That you can rock out with your c*ck out in.

Kirt
#51 Old 08-07-2011, 06:02 AM
WRXtuners Member

I should probably start buying aftermarket parts for it.
Festiva Motorsport high performance, after market auto parts and discount OEM Ford parts for Festiva and Aspire

Now if I went stg.1 I would need CAI, step colder plugs, header, camshafts, stroker crank, then go with exhaust...Yeah that's how we do it..

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#52 Old 09-12-2011, 05:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

Soooo new axles are in and the time has come to prove what the 03' transmission is made of.!Notfunny! I got invited to go racing again at Kanawha Valley Motorsport Park:here: for the East Coast Fastest Street Car Shootout.
This is a arms drop, head to head drag race. Should be fun and some of friends of mine are going that are, of course, into Mustangs or Camaros, but hey who cares it's all about having fun legally...
So place your bets early as to how many passes I will get before the transmission blows up..

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#53 Old 09-13-2011, 05:44 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I give it 3-4 runs.....

Orrrrr 1 run at a 4k drop....

At least you will have new axles for the tranny rebuild.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#54 Old 09-13-2011, 09:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

Well got my coolant leak figured out, I guess. Seems one of the block off plugs in the turbo was leaking So in awesome old guy fashion I got the plug out, stupid allen head bolts. Put some Loctite on it and it seems to have fixed it. At least it doesn't seem to smoke anymore. Thanks goodness I really didn't want to have to pull the turbo off again...

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#55 Old 09-16-2011, 08:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

Well a VERY disappointing night at the track. They actually had to turn away cars because there were so many at the track. I got one pass in 2.5hrs. Trans is fine, I am not to happy with the way the track was prepped. Not hooking at all and with this cold weather snap here the track temp was hovering in the 50's I was making a bit more power than normal. Spun pretty much through 1st and was not running right for whatever reason. I left very pissed off because of the track conditions and the amount of people there.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#56 Old 09-16-2011, 09:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

Boo to that....sounds like a waste of time.

Kirt
#57 Old 09-16-2011, 09:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

And money. Spend $20 in gas and $20 to get one pass. It was a waste of time, but at least my trans is still in tact...haha. By the way I ordered a set of 08LGT gears for my trans.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#58 Old 09-16-2011, 09:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

Needed 3 more passes to destroy that trans...lol

Kirt
#59 Old 09-16-2011, 09:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Needed 3 more passes to destroy that trans...lol
Good that means it will last til next year....LOL

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#60 Old 09-21-2011, 08:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

Ahhh finally found some videos of my car making passes at the track. A little background info on these. These were filmed at Kanawha Valley Dragway last year. It's an 1/8 mile track so the times are reflective of that. I had just put the 20g on and was trying to dial in the turbo a bit so the runs were made on about 10psi +/-. The girl filming them kept giving the wrong time as she was looking at the times in the left lane and not the right... The first video is of Casey and I running. His truck has a build 350 with a roots style SC on it. It's pretty tough, but he was having some tuning issues as well and not running the best also the temp was 102:eek: on the track. The second video is of a friend of mine, James, and his Dodge truck that he claims is "brutally fast", but I think he is just trying to con me into betting him money...lol Anyway on to the show...

Casey and I

James's "brutally fast" Dodge and I

...and yes that is my car spinning badly out of the hole....

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...