WOO-HOO!!! Drag racing Friday - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 07-30-2011, 05:12 AM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
So Keith, whats the fix for the axles? Stockers again, or something in the upgrade department? Just very curious to hear your input about this.

And also, congrats on some great times. You are motivating me (as well as discouraging me) to get my lazy behind to the track.
Well haven't decided yet, might put stock axles back in since they seemed to do okay for quite sometime, but weighting whether that is a good idea/bad idea right now(more than likely bad). I might just see if I can do an STi swap maybe, or just upgraded axels and keep the hopes of the trans staying together alive for a bit longer.
Don't let it discourage you in anyway. I have had some of the best times of my life at the track.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 07-30-2011, 12:46 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
I used to run at the track (but honestly most was street racing, I know dumb, but was young, lol). Its some of the most fun I have had. I need to get up to mine so I can shut the haters up about subies and mine, lol. Good luck withe your decision.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#33 Old 07-30-2011, 03:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
I used to run at the track (but honestly most was street racing, I know dumb, but was young, lol). Its some of the most fun I have had. I need to get up to mine so I can shut the haters up about subies and mine, lol. Good luck withe your decision.
No matter what you'll always have people that will dis a car simply based on there own stupidity. Some people are die hard Ford, Chevy, Dodge fans, whiles others are even worse and stick to one model; i.e. Mustang, Camaro, Vette things like that. I'm just happy to be out having fun and enjoying life. As far as haters, meh they usually have a small penis and they feel that makes them a real man by insulting another one...

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#34 Old 07-30-2011, 06:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Penis envy...

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#35 Old 07-31-2011, 12:14 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Thanks for putting into perspective, lmao. But I just love cars/trucks, as long as they are done right/tastefully.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#36 Old 07-31-2011, 11:11 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Yep, I love vehicles off all sizes and shapes. I have preferences....but if its done nicely, I will give anything props.

Kirt
#37 Old 08-01-2011, 09:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

Well I was right about the E-brake causing the noise. So that will be fixed. The axle is completely broken in two, my camera isn't working or i'd post a photo. I am thinking aftermarket for the front for now, but I am still weighting my options. Guess the surgeon called today and said that from looking at my ultra sound that my gall bladder is worse than they thought and wants to bump up my surgery...yea.. Also the radiator has a hole in the front from something slamming into it, rock possibly. Oh well I still have my beater to drive for now.

1991 FORD FESTIVA BABY!!!!!

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#38 Old 08-01-2011, 10:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
^ I need one of those

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#39 Old 08-01-2011, 10:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

5speed and gets 43mpg. Although being 6' 200lbs, I look kind of funny in it...haha

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#40 Old 08-01-2011, 10:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrx1456 is more helpful than not
Garage
i know someone who is "into" festivas. He even pulls his jet ski behind one.

06 STI
http://www.armslist.com/?utm_source=c000017&utm_medium=plink&utm_campaign=p017903
#41 Old 08-02-2011, 05:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Nice times Keith... Sorry about the axle... Could have been WAYYYY worse.

In a way, I knew something would let go.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#42 Old 08-02-2011, 07:03 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
Nice times Keith... Sorry about the axle... Could have been WAYYYY worse.

In a way, I knew something would let go.
Thanks. Oh yes in deed. Like I said I am counting my lucky stars that the trans has held up this long. I have been pricing new gear sets and rebuilds for it when it does let go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx1456
i know someone who is "into" festivas. He even pulls his jet ski behind one.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#43 Old 08-02-2011, 08:14 AM
WRXtuners Member

I'd like to know how long that festiva lasted before it blew up. My beater for right now is a 1996 Ford 250 Power Stroke Turbo Diesel. LOL...its my dad's spare vehicle that he is fixing up and then planning on selling off eventually.

Kirt
#44 Old 08-02-2011, 08:47 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Do the conversion kit to run fry oil in it. Buddy here runs it for 7 months a year and gets ~45mpg's in his F350

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#45 Old 08-02-2011, 08:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

Its my dad's money pit at this moment. I'm not interested in messing around with it. Does your buddy stop by McDonalds and pull up to the drive-thru and order all their old fry oil?

Kirt