WOO-HOO!!! Drag racing Friday - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 62 Old 07-28-2011, 09:15 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
What do you mean by full bodied? Not a unibody? I know some about the tracks. But, I'm trying to learn here. I might have to hit a drag strip after I get my car back.
Full bodied I believe means anything besides a convertible or t-top. At my track if I were to put a roll bar inside I could run as fast as 6.40 (10 second flat 1/4) before needing an actual roll cage.

-Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 62 Old 07-28-2011, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
you gotta be kidding. i mean theres 100 cars that can do that. i dont see people with $50,000-$1,000,000 cars messing their car up with a role cage just to be legal.

i mean some cars that can do that would be like a Z06, GTR, CTS-V. some 50 year old dude that has a $80,000 CTS-V isnt gonna add a role cage nor be asked to leave a track. at least not at my tracks. Dave Buschur's 9 sec evo is bone stock yet he runs at the tracks no problem.
Well I mis-read that, guess at 11.99 or faster you have to have a roll bar not a roll cage. Sorry my mistake.!Notfunny!

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #18 of 62 Old 07-28-2011, 07:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
im confused more now.

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
post #19 of 62 Old 07-28-2011, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
im confused more now.
In what way? Sorry about the mix up on my part, I was just reading faster than my brain could understand and got roll bar and roll cage mixed up...

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #20 of 62 Old 07-28-2011, 10:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post
Full bodied I believe means anything besides a convertible or t-top. At my track if I were to put a roll bar inside I could run as fast as 6.40 (10 second flat 1/4) before needing an actual roll cage.
Gotcha, that makes sense then.

Quote:
Dave Buschur's 9 sec evo is bone stock yet he runs at the tracks no problem.
Meaning he doesn't run a roll bar or roll cage? Btw, Buschur is a jackass in my book. If he runs no bar or cage. It would just further my opinion.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
post #21 of 62 Old 07-28-2011, 10:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrx1456 is more helpful than not
Garage
i was looking at bolt in cages online. Do they make them that will keep the back seat useable? None that I saw said anything about that...... Oh yeah, good luck at the track tomorrow Keith.
post #22 of 62 Old 07-29-2011, 02:22 AM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
In what way? Sorry about the mix up on my part, I was just reading faster than my brain could understand and got roll bar and roll cage mixed up...
the difference between a cage and bar, even then a CTS-V isnt gonna install one. at least not the guy i see at the track that runs low 11's.

Quote:
Meaning he doesn't run a roll bar or roll cage? Btw, Buschur is a jackass in my book. If he runs no bar or cage. It would just further my opinion.
not sure what the difference is but last time i saw it (umm 8/2010) it was running 9's and the inside of the car was bone bone stock, outside too, no chute or anything.

ive heard bad things but i have nothing to say. only negative i got from him was when i said my tuner uses a dynojet and he ripped on it and even said the owner/maker of dynojet in a magazine said the numbers are false and faked or something.

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
post #23 of 62 Old 07-29-2011, 06:11 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

A roll bar is tubular bar behind the cabin designed to protect occupants in the event of a rollover.

A roll cage is a specially constructed frame built in (or sometimes around) the cab of a vehicle to protect its occupants from being injured in an accident, particularly in the event of a roll-over.

Dave B also sponsors Norwalk, so I have a feeling they'd let that slide. I have only meet him once and let's just say that my opinion of him was less than stellar.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #24 of 62 Old 07-29-2011, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Well that didn't take very long....Well there is good news and bad news...
First the good news: My transmission(unlike most of us figured) held up quite well with the 2.1 passes that I got. Motor ran fine, but boost was a little lower due to heat index of 109:eek: on the track, so the times would be faster but I was only running 18psi. Everything was going great until...
drum roll please...........................

SNAP!!!!! hmmm what is that ungodly noise????? OH S**T I broke an axle. I will know more once I get the car home and get it apart. I will also snap some photos. The one video I got was from a friend of mines wife taping him and I making a pass together, but she only said his time and speed....grrrrrr

Pass 1) 1.67 60ft 7.83@89.61 Shifting at 8600 +/- 100rpm
Pass 2) 1.73 60ft 7.84@88.93<--pinged once or twice Also spun out of the hole a bit.
Pass 3) 1.63 60ft..... Stupid axles...

My times show that I am making roughly 330-340ish whp. Not to bad considering that I am running a stock 5 speed and a SouthBend HD Clutch.

I also noticed an odd sound coming from my rear brakes. I believe the emergency brake pads are rubbing inside my rotors.

p.s. This track has great wireless...LOL

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #25 of 62 Old 07-29-2011, 08:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Dave Buschur is a pretty negative person from what I've seen. He has the mentality of elementary school kid. Meaning that he picks on people (Yes, even other professional tuners in the industry) and talks negatively on just about anything that he doesn't feel is right. Which is funny considering his engine builds eat 2 QTs of oil in the first 3,000 miles you run them and his work on headers has been known to have oil seal problems. Which means he'll end up rebuilding it shortly after giving it back to you a majority of the time.

Back to OT.

Damn Keith, I hope that was all that broke man. I'll cross my fingers for you. You must have a weight lifting midget for a transmission. I'm surprised...that thing just won't give up.

Kirt
post #26 of 62 Old 07-29-2011, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

I really expected the trans to let go, but I suppose my hopes, dreams, blood sweat and tears kept it together...LOL A busted axle is nothing compared to what could have happened and I am counting my lucky stars that I could drive the car around an up on to the trailer...

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #27 of 62 Old 07-29-2011, 08:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

Sometimes thats all you need....hopes, dreams, blood, sweat, and tears to keep it all together. Its going to be one of those times that you are putting around town and it well let go. Which will result in a reaction.

Kirt
post #28 of 62 Old 07-29-2011, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Sometimes thats all you need....hopes, dreams, blood, sweat, and tears to keep it all together. Its going to be one of those times that you are putting around town and it well let go. Which will result in a reaction.
No now it will be a !Cry! "Why didn't I listen to everybody about the trans....????"

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #29 of 62 Old 07-29-2011, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Headed home now and it seems my radiator has a leak in it as well ...
Meh the guys I went with are still laughing because they said you could see me say F**K!!!, but couldn't hear it because of the noise...
All in all not to bad I suppose, none of them really did much better. Granted they are all Mustangs and a Full size Chevy 1500, but hey it's all about having fun...

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #30 of 62 Old 07-30-2011, 03:20 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
So Keith, whats the fix for the axles? Stockers again, or something in the upgrade department? Just very curious to hear your input about this.

And also, congrats on some great times. You are motivating me (as well as discouraging me) to get my lazy behind to the track.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"