Subaru WRX Forum banner

What could I expect to run with....

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  al5dsm 
#1 ·
On a track, what could I expect to run with a helix up/down pipe (no cat), greddy evo2 catback, CobbAccessPORT tuning, and a k&n filter. Also, does the size of the rims make a big difference in the 1/4? Is it true that 16" rims get going faster than say 20" because they are smaller and easier to turn?

#2 ·
Not really true. You gotta figure in the size of the tire. If you get 18" wheels w/ something like a 25 profile, they would accelerate faster assuming they are of the same weight or lighter than the stockers. Weight is a big issue, but if you are really interested in gearing, keep the 16's and put some smaller profile tires on it. Faster acceleration, but you lose top speed.

As for a time, if you drive well I could see something like mid 13s.

#3 ·
You need to have a goal to work towards. With that stuff you said, you could either run low/mid 13's or you could run 15, 16's. The two biggest things that you have to take into consideration when at the track is launching your car and working on getting your 60's down. Don't worry too much about reaction times on your first time out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.