Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Drag Strip Tech (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f113/)
-   -   Top Tuner Baby (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f113/top-tuner-baby-13915/)

LiL Shoaf 08-05-2006 10:23 PM

Top Tuner Baby

:confused: Well today was a SCARY day.. It was the drags at Clarion County Airport.. I pushed it all night and did VERY well. I ended up running alot and only lost once, but I turned around and beat him a second time... The "Kill List"

383 CUda
New Mustang GT
Old School 5.0 GT
MG "Thing".. LOL this is the guy that beat me first run.. I missed my launch...
98 2.5 RS
Couger (newer body style)
Boosted CRX
Boosted Civic
Boosted Jetta
late 80s Caviler.. Yea, he was the runner up believe it or not.. WTF :confused: WTF
Edit: forgot about the blue S10 with a 350 conversion. He asked me to let him win becuase he never won all night. Sorry brother, I was out to make one hell of an impression and I did..

Any way. The REX ran strong and fast all day and every one was talking about her.. However, on the second to last run I ended up spinning my clutch... Then on my last run I didn't have enough time to cool down and so I almost lost it to the Cav because my clutch spunn all the way through 2nd and most of the way through 3rd.

Ohh well, none the less I was Top Tuner.. :rocks: !Thumbs Up

9d2TSi 08-05-2006 10:29 PM

Rock on brother. !Thumbs Up

ManicsWrX 08-05-2006 10:44 PM

YEAA BITCH NICE! 2 wins brought to tuners site by the local boys in PA!

Why didnt u call me fool lol good job congrats

Ian 08-06-2006 03:54 PM

All hail Ken! the top tuner of all the land:rocks:

LiL Shoaf 08-06-2006 04:35 PM

I guess I should also add that I beat an S10 with a 350 Conversion.. I forgot about him.. I also have a shifter malfunction. I was too "Eager" engaging 3rd gear and I kept popping the ball at the bottom of the shifter out of the socket so I lose shift control and was normally locked into 3rd gear.. I plan to upload a video, you guys HAVE to watch it, it's funny as hell. I stalled launching my first run.. I launched at 5000 rpms and just dumped the clutch.. With the Yok ES100s I could spin a little and then take off, but with the 18s and the new rubber I didn't.. She grabbed and stalled.. Then I restarted the car and STILL WON.. LOL.. The video is funny.. You hear the announcer saying that I was totally caught sleeping (stalled the car) and then you hear him say something about the turbo kicking in and I go shooting across the screen passing the poor kid in the 2.5 rs.. I still laugh when I watch it.. Just gotta upload it and edit it.. I will do it Monday...

Ohh yea.. At the drivers meeting I asked about a "Top Dawg" (V8) Vs "Top Tuner" (we all know what tuners are) shoot out at the end of the night.. All the Muscle guys laughed.. Then they saw me run.. A couple refused to race me.. No one was laughing at the end of the night and a LOT of guys kept comming up to me and asking me all about Phobos... One guy argued with me that my car is only about 140ccs and she is that fast.. I finally showed him under the hood and told him he was looking at about 400whp.. He just shook his head and kept staring..

stang hunter 08-06-2006 05:39 PM

So what did you run???

imbeterthanu 08-06-2006 07:30 PM

very nice bro. i like to see that motor holding up.

LiL Shoaf 08-07-2006 03:40 PM

[QUOTE=stang hunter]So what did you run???[/QUOTE]

This event is an "Old school Heads up Flashlight Drag" and has no Tree nor times.. It's also only 1/8 mile long.. But still loads of fun..

The motor "seams" to be holding up but my clutch isn't.. I noticed some oil coming out of my vents today that bothers me so I am going to pull a compression test to make sure the block is still solid and check a few other things as well.. I will keep you guys posted.. If I toasted her I'll just have to order that 2.8L block.. :D

ManicsWrX 08-07-2006 04:01 PM

[QUOTE=LiL Shoaf]This event is an "Old school Heads up Flashlight Drag" and has no Tree nor times.. It's also only 1/8 mile long.. But still loads of fun..

The motor "seams" to be holding up but my clutch isn't.. I noticed some oil coming out of my vents today that bothers me so I am going to pull a compression test to make sure the block is still solid and check a few other things as well.. I will keep you guys posted.. If I toasted her I'll just have to order that 2.8L block.. :D[/QUOTE]

Ken better watch out for the 06 ;) :p Good kills bro. Easy on that clutch I wanna take a cruise in her again sometime....

LiL Shoaf 08-09-2006 11:19 PM

Well I was wrong, I have a motor issue.. Either a busted up Piston Ring or a Busted up Piston, I'm leaning towards the Ring at this point after a "leak Down Test".. I plan to tear her down this weekend so I can hopefully be up again by the 19th for the drags..

I finally uploaded a video for the INTERNET of the Drags.. The Video is funny as all hell so you gotta watch it. The quality is not the best so it will load faster for all you slow connection guys like me... Check it out and let me know what you think..

[url]http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=cd77d1a4c6152a7c7e6aa0f122292221.689190&vback=Studio&vdone=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.yahoo.com%2Fvideo%2Fstudio%3Fei%3DUTF-8[/url]

Edit: I think I fixed the link.. Check it out now..

wrx1313 08-11-2006 12:50 AM

awesome!Thumbs Up I will be to that stage one day... Stg 1.5 now. stg 2 by wed..:D

WRX-TC 08-14-2006 03:17 PM

Very nice shoaf, I liked the first race the best when you passed that RS like he was driving in reverse. I need to have a weapon like yours, Oh you gotta post some times if at all possible!

LiL Shoaf 08-19-2006 11:33 AM

As soon as I finish my rebuild and get tuned I plan to hit the track but that's not going to be this year with all likeliness.. I am expecting low 11s.. Or hopping for I should say.. I was told that with good skills that I can break into 10s but I am not sure about that, and I know I don't have skills... LOL..