Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Drag Strip Tech (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f113/)
-   -   stage 2 wrx vs. hahn stage 2 neon (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f113/stage-2-wrx-vs-hahn-stage-2-neon-13994/)

phillepe 08-09-2006 04:59 PM

stage 2 wrx vs. hahn stage 2 neon

I'm planning on going to the sturgis dragway on the 16th. It's an 1/8 mile strip, and this kid says he's going to beat me bad, but I doubt it. I know in the 1/4 the hahn neon should run about a 13 flat. He's got the 20g turbo:eek: and is riding on fuzion zri's. I'm currently Cobb stage 2 with some cooper zeon zpt's. I won't get wheel spin. I think I'll win but what does everyone else think. It's at a drag strip and not street racing, so I hopefully can get some answers from ya'll.

phillepe

bigbadbuddha 08-09-2006 05:08 PM

It's only an 1/8 mile so with a good launch you should walk all over him.

phillepe 08-10-2006 08:49 AM

Anyone else care to give me an opinion! thanks bbbuda

9d2TSi 08-10-2006 10:42 AM

Well, it may not be street racing, but it is benchracing. I think you should take it to the track and find out.

With that being said.

The main things that will benefit you are:

1. Quicker spool, his 20g isn't going to see full boost anywhere below 4 grand, that's not going to help him much.

And,

2. AWD, not much else to say there.

But...

You better not fall asleep at the light though. He will be playing catch up for the most part, but if he can drive, he will catch you.

Ludachris 08-10-2006 11:40 AM

Has he run the 1/8 track before? Is he just not telling you what he's run in the past? Have you run your car at the track before? Do you have a timeslip? Or will this be your first time? There's a lot more involved than just the car's setup.

Let's get rid of the hypothetical (bench racing) as much as possible - you know what they say about making ASSumptions. If you've never been to the track and he has, he's got an instant advantage. Most peoples' first time at the track is far from their best outing. You've got to concentrate on a lot more than just being fast when you run for the first time. Yet if he has been to the track before he should be able to tell you what he ran. And with that data, you could probably get some more useful info out of this thread. Especially if you've been to the track before - then all you'd have to do is compare timeslips and nobody here would have to guess what you're both going to run.

Give us more info on your experience and his experience at the track.

phillepe 08-10-2006 02:32 PM

I've been to the track before and I don't know if he has. I believe I am a decent runner at the track. I ran 14.4 at Witchita Int. raceway, on a bad clutch and no EM. But this is an 1/8 strip and I have run neck and neck with a stage 2 sti there. He beat me by a half a car length. My reaction times are pretty decent. I beat alot of old muscle at this track.

oldfartracer 08-10-2006 03:28 PM

1/8 mile racing is very different than 1/4 mile. You need lower gears and lots of torque to win at the 1/8. If has a gears you might have problems. Look at your time slip and see what the 1/8 mile time was, this will give and idea what you will run.

phillepe 08-10-2006 05:06 PM

I was running 1.9's for 60ft and 9.2 to 9.5 in the 1/8 with no EM. Now I got cobb stage 2 so i think I should be faster.

Ludachris 08-10-2006 08:23 PM

When you're at the track, forget about reaction times and car lengths - this isn't "PINKS". It's all about the final E/T. It doesn't matter who crosses the line first necessarily, just who crosses it quickest from the time you start rolling to the finish line. Car lengths only matter in street racing since there is no timeslip involved.

See if the guy will tell you what he's run at the track. This will give you an idea of how close you are to his times. Again, this way we don't have to throw out wild guesses.

oldfartracer 08-11-2006 08:46 AM

The stage 2 Cobb should run a 13.6 to 13.9, you might gain a little at the 1/8 but not much. Like Ludachris said, we need more info on the other car. Either way it should be close.

phillepe 08-11-2006 11:42 AM

His car is a 99 neon r/t with hahn stage 2 20g turbo and 7 psi. He has stock suspension and is running fuzion zri tires.

bluebeastsrt 08-12-2006 09:14 PM

[COLOR="Blue"][B]Put a 20G turbo on a srt-4 and it will run mid 12's in the 1/4 with a few supporting mods! On a regular neon running only 7 psi of boost you'll win easily. If he cranks the boost up to 22 or so like the turbo is capable of, I think it would be a different story. The Hahn 20G takes a little while to spool up also so an 1/8 mile race would be perfect for your all wheel drive car. I've yet to beat a scooby in an 1/8 mile race but I can usually run them down in a 1/4 race.[/B][/COLOR]

phillepe 08-14-2006 08:53 PM

thanks bluebeast! even though your the enemy! just kidding