Subaru WRX Forum banner

Ran my 07' WRX-TR last night...

9K views 33 replies 11 participants last post by  boost_556 
#1 ·
Well, the air was cool and the track was sticky, this is what my best run looked like of the night:

R/T: .438
60': 1.89
330: 5.549
1/8 et: 8.601
MPH: 81.62
1000: 11.23
1/4: 13.482
MPH: 101.75

My mods are Invidia Catless Downpipe, Invidia exhaust, K&N Drop in with Intake Silencer Delete. Everything else is stock and ran at full weight.

-Joe

#9 ·
Yeah.. took some air out of the tires and just kept revving up trying to build boost off the liune. She hooked nicely and I couldn't be happier. I wish the run before this one I wouldn't have missed 4th gear. I cut a 1.7 60' on that run and was one tenth faster through the 1/8 mile than this run I posted. Wound up coasting in nuetral after the 1000 foot mark to a 14.0@ 83Mph....LOL.

#15 ·
hey
i ran a 13.6 @104 MPH last sunday at the shootout EVO vs WRX/sti but i screwed up on my launch my 60 ft was 2.017 just wanna know what u drop your tire pressure to?Aslo i made a mistake and dump my clutch so i bugged a little i am sure i can hit 12's with a good launch.
thanks.

#18 ·
Only dropped tire psi to about 30psi down from 35. I have seen stock WRX's(06-07) run a 14.0 at like 95mph stock. I guess the stock times for STI's are similar to what I ran.

-Joe

#19 ·
I have never felt a difference in launching with different tire pressures. I reduced my fronts from 35 to 30psi. But then again, i'm a FWD non-Subaru. So it's different. I have seen people at the strip adjusting their tire pressures for every run and I just don't see the point. Just show up, line up and run....

#22 ·
Drag rubber on a relatively stock WRX would be silly. AWD has so much grip that you can't get much tire spin anyway. Drag rubber starts to be useful when you start to exceed ~100whp per powered wheel. That's nothing for even a stock RWD 4.6L Mustang GT but it's a ton for an AWD 2.5L subaru. Once you get to 200+whp per wheel or more, drag radials become almost a necessity to get even half way decent times for your power levels. How many 800+whp WRX's do you see though?

#24 ·
There are the stroker kits and other methods to get there. I have read about several in the 790-810AWHP. One was complety stripped and everything though. Other guy said he cant use the power cause when it hits, its a rocket, and really slow before the turbo start spooling.

#25 ·
idk, my tires at reg psi it spun a little too much for my liking. Lowered them and cut better 60's. best 60 I could get at full tire psi was a 2.0. Best on lower pressure was a 1.7.... but missed 4th on that run.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.