Subaru WRX Forum banner

not sure what my time will be

7K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  WRX_Fan_0717 
#1 ·
guys i am hiting the drag strip tomorrow at Englishtown.its Evo vs WRX/Sti shootout.
I recently tuned my car again with the methonal and dynoed at 335WHP, replace my clutch with the ACT 6 puck and HD pressure plate along with the Prolite flywheel.
my last times before the tune was 13.3.
thanks

#9 ·
ok guys
sorry abt not answering your questions so long was a little busy, anyways the Evo vs WRx was rained out.However the following week we had import vs domestic .
I will be honest here, i messed up big time.
My two free runs i could not get the car to go in third,so to even top it off i miss third again in my first race which cost me to get eliminated.I dont know what i was doing wrong i had a brand new 6 puck, Hd pressure plate with Pro lite flywheel installed abt a month now.
My time sucked because of that i ran 14.0 and 14.3, so i was losing abt 1.5 sec trying to get that third it is just locking up on me so i have to get that solve hopefully all goes well sunday will be my next run.oh i am running the VF39 and tuned to 335WHP with methonal @21.5 psi. would appreciate any reason why this happened.
Hope to dont disappoint u guys on my next pass.Oh also my 60 ft was in the 1.9 too
thanks
boost

#14 ·
ok here we go:Vf39, wallbro fuel pump, sti injectors, perrin fuel rail, koyo radiator, K&N short ram. perrin uppipe, 3" downpipe, Front mount intercooler, blitz ID boost controller, SMC methonal injection kit, Act 6 puck clutch, flywheel and pressure plate, STI RA gear set, computer reflash.
dynoed @ 335 WHP at 21 psi

#16 ·
ok guys i did not break the 12 sec, but did a 13.3 @106 MPH, however i know because of my 60 ft 2.054 i have to work on my luanch since this is where i am losing alot my my time coming out the whole.i am sure with a good 60 ft i should be abe to do that.
anyways just wanna update u guys on that.

#17 ·
So you didn't break the 5spd? lol

A 6 puck on a RA set..............wow.

There is no way your making enough torque to need half that clutch.

When it wears put an ACT streetdisk or something in there.

#25 ·
Mosc's big rant is that a street tire doesn't need lowered and that lowering it won't really help. It probably won't be expanding like a drag slick anyways. How would running on a partially flat tire help increase your overall time anyways? Normally the more inflatted a tire is...the easier the car is to move. Plus, lower the pressure is normally for increasing traction. If you need increase traction that much...try running something more along the lines of a street drag radial or tell your local track to put down some more glue. That glue whatever stuff they use...the track should be sticky as heck or your going to see slower times.

#27 ·
Yeah, it probably doesn't need to be deflated, but some people are so sure it helps. Drag radials would probably be too much traction. Oh, and it's called VHT I beleive. That suff is insane.
WRX Fan 0717 said:
I launch with 10psi (meth on) and about 6000k rpms. I smoke the tires all the way through first and i have a very very long first. (PPG SC 1st)

I need all the grip i can get.
Wow. You gotta have the longer 1st so it doesn't fly through 1st gear in a split second huh? Do you run street tires too?

#26 ·
If you have a stock gearbox then no, you shouldn't be launching your car hard enough to need to lower pressure.

Eh, i think it does help me a little bit. Well, if you're launching with vicious intent.......like me.

If i forget to lower tire pressure i will hit 1.7-1.8s all night.
I lower to 20-23ish psi; I can start getting into the 1.6s.
Could be psychological. ROFL

I launch with 10psi (meth on) and about 6000k rpms. I smoke the tires all the way through first and i have a very very long first. (PPG SC 1st)

I need all the grip i can get.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.