Launching My Wrx - Page 5 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 65 Old 06-11-2008, 06:49 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 CrazyTaxi View Post
Ok, but doesn't the turbo heat the air quite a bit more than ambient temps? Thought that's why we have intercoolers and watersprayers
Yeah but you totally missed the part about the timing.The IAT is in the MAF sensor and underhood temps are way above ambient temps.Here is food for thought:You have two cars,both have the same TMIC but one has a stock box and has intake temps of 115° and the car with a short ram has intake temps of 150°.Do you think if you measure the temps after the TMIC that they are going to be the same or there will be a 35° difference in temps.....

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 65 Old 06-11-2008, 11:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful 03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via MSN to 03 CrazyTaxi Send a message via Yahoo to 03 CrazyTaxi
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
Yeah but you totally missed the part about the timing.The IAT is in the MAF sensor and underhood temps are way above ambient temps.Here is food for thought:You have two cars,both have the same TMIC but one has a stock box and has intake temps of 115° and the car with a short ram has intake temps of 150°.Do you think if you measure the temps after the TMIC that they are going to be the same or there will be a 35° difference in temps.....
I see your point, at least in theory. I haven't seen dyno sheets to take theory into real life. Not disagreeing with you, just haven't seen it in practice.

VF34'd Corvette Killer aka Doug
post #63 of 65 Old 06-12-2008, 07:24 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 CrazyTaxi View Post
I see your point, at least in theory. I haven't seen dyno sheets to take theory into real life. Not disagreeing with you, just haven't seen it in practice.
Also too,when you launch your IC is really not being very effective at cooling at that point because your not generating enough airflow over it.Thats why radiators have fans.When cars stop moving and no airflow is going over/through them then they are not being an effective heatsink.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #64 of 65 Old 08-15-2008, 07:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SuBeast
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
I disagree with that advice. SuBeast, have you ever been behind the wheel of a WRX?
Ya know, I was going to make an argument, but I decided against it at the last second. It's pointless. Slipping the clutch agressively is a lot better than clutch dumping, so i don't see whats wrong with the advice, what would you rather replace, the gears and/or tranny or just a clutch?

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
1990 Civic time-attack project
1990 Toyota Hilux - daily
post #65 of 65 Old 08-15-2008, 09:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxshotta is on thin ice
launch control is a beautiful thing..i had it set to 4500k and would come off the clutch just right n im off...wudnt recommend launching without it... i actually waited 5 months untill i got it before i took the wrx to the track cause i didnt want to launch without it..too much thinking and balancing between throttle and clutch..and you dont built that much boost
Sponsored Links
Advertisement