i got beat by a rsx. ??? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 02-12-2008, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

pippen is an unknown
i got beat by a rsx. ???

so my first race against my friends rsx and i figured out i really dont know how to drive. its not like i lost by a grip (about half a car length) but it defnately was not expected. both stock except we both have CAI (on when i bought the car, looking forward to taking it off) but while mine remained almost the same stock hp numbers with the CAI im sure his intake added a few extra horses. i feel ashamed. off the line i was going to try to "feather" the clutch but i dropped it too early and it bogged down with no launch whatsoever. might as well have started in second. next, starting from about a 20mph roll he ate me up through first and second but still ended up only about a car length ahead.

is it possible to blame everything on bad driving or is there something i should be worried about on my car? because from what ive heard an rsx isnt suppose to beat me ahaa.. im sure with a good launch i can take him off the line but on a roll im not sure..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 02-12-2008, 04:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

SWFL Scooby is an unknown
AWD cars win the race on the launch, so it helps to have a good one. Also, did you compare reaction times? 60 ft? 1/8 mile? Typically an RSX should gain on you at the top because it revs higher and has IVTEC. You still should not have lost though. I hope it was a Type S at least...

D-Rock
Under constant pressure
post #3 of 12 Old 02-12-2008, 05:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
You might want to look at YOUR car. I took an R the other day on a closed course. Even at + speeds. Time for a tune-up maybe ??
post #4 of 12 Old 02-13-2008, 08:42 AM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
your launch is your money maker, practice on it, dont be scared to ride that clutch a little longer. a slower retraction of the left foot on launching and that rsx is going to be pissed next time.

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
post #5 of 12 Old 02-13-2008, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

pippen is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by baller_v24 View Post
your launch is your money maker, practice on it, dont be scared to ride that clutch a little longer. a slower retraction of the left foot on launching and that rsx is going to be pissed next time.
yeh ive been practicing haha.. new tires coming soon (the ones i got are in the red tread wise) so with that and a good launch i dont see any chance of him beating me..
post #6 of 12 Old 02-14-2008, 11:27 AM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
i hope your doing this on a closed course, because i never seen anyone doing starts from a 20 mph roll at the track.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
post #7 of 12 Old 02-14-2008, 01:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

MilesFox is an unknown
i cant believe this question was posted.
not that i car if you 'street race' but that you actually realize there is more dynamic to driving than go-fast-in-straight-line.

if you want to win, take the rwace a little farther up the road to the first 90 deg turn and see who wins!
post #8 of 12 Old 02-14-2008, 02:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagyhead View Post
i hope your doing this on a closed course, because i never seen anyone doing starts from a 20 mph roll at the track.
This was obviously on the street. And I agree with Milesfox, and it's just personal preference because I know a lot of people like to drag WRX's, but honestly there is soooooo much more skill involved in an AutoX or circuit track. Not to put anyone down but I have almost zero respect for drag racing, sorry had to get that one out.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
post #9 of 12 Old 02-14-2008, 03:57 PM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
i only say that because over the weekend a very well know tuner in the NW was killed instantly when he lost control of his wrx and hit a tree. It was on a "spirited" meet and drive. I dont know much of the details other than alot people met up at a bowling alley, bowled a few games and went on a drive.
dont think it wont happen to you.

PIERCE COUNTY: Auburn man killed in car crash near 276th Street East in Spanaway | TheNewsTribune.com | Tacoma, WA

Another loss in the community - North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC - NASIOC

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
post #10 of 12 Old 02-14-2008, 06:10 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Holy crap, that sux for that guy. And it does sound like street racing. But was this your first time dragging a WRX? Just practice, it only helps.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #11 of 12 Old 02-15-2008, 06:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
This was obviously on the street. And I agree with Milesfox, and it's just personal preference because I know a lot of people like to drag WRX's, but honestly there is soooooo much more skill involved in an AutoX or circuit track. Not to put anyone down but I have almost zero respect for drag racing, sorry had to get that one out.
i like this guy.
post #12 of 12 Old 02-15-2008, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

pippen is an unknown
Quote:
closed course private property.. i definately agree though. if i was going to strictly drag race i wouldnt have bought a wrx to begin with, but just because i ate a brownie doesnt make me a boy scout. ive never been to auto x, but then again ive only had the car for a month. its still on the list.