Subaru WRX Forum banner

First Runs at the track

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  SloRice 
#1 ·
Well I went to Milan Dragstrip with my buddies today. Little disappointed in my times. Thought I would have gone faster.

Perrin UP
Greddy Evo Catback
UTEC (Stage 2 OC map)
removed resinator and air filter

best times
ET 14.149
MPH 95.12
60 ft 1.949

And I got worse as the night went on and the temperature dropped.
Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
On a good note though, for it being my first time ever racing, I went 3 out of 6 rounds in the bracket races till I got nailed by a 10 second mustang with a .500 light. Damn him. lol

thanks,
Tim

#3 ·
What was your R/T? I went to the track (1/4) this past week @ Bristol:

R/T- .037
60ft- 1.993
1/4- 14.816 @ 90.79

All stock except for intake mod & bov. I really focused on coming of the line good and I could tell a HUGE difference in times. My best time a month ago was a 15.1 with my R/T's in the .5's and .6's.

#4 ·
That .037 R/T means you red lighted, correct? My best R/T was .507 But I was averaging in the high .6xx. Not great, but with anything, I just need to practice. Reaction times really have nothing to do with how fast you go in the quarter mile because the timers don't start until you start moving.

Tim

#6 ·
What kind of tree were you running on? I've only heard of 2 types of trees. Pro Tree which a perfect R/T is .400 and the other tree (forget the name of it) which a perfect R/T is .500. Which is why I said my best R/T on .500 tree was .507. Guess I'm just confused on what you are saying.

Tim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.