First Dragstrip Running With My Rex!!! - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 06-04-2006, 02:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

AOD_SNOWMAN is an unknown
Send a message via MSN to AOD_SNOWMAN
No i tried the dumping clutch things and didn't like it at all, just felt way too shocky!! At first I was only getting 2.4's with slip method, and 2.1 with sidestep. Lastnigth I got 2.1's with slip method!!! Do you think dropping some pressue in my tires will help my times, but i've herd it doesn't help on radials!?!?!? I've thought about different tires...like some nittos or something. Who knows. I still don't get why I can't brake into the 90's in trap speed..Damn thin air up here!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 06-04-2006, 10:21 AM
WRXtuners Member

JiveMasterT is more helpful than not
Dropping your tire pressure is going to hurt your ET MPH, but it should help your 60' times. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work on your radials.

Remember, practice makes perfect but too much practice makes for needing a new clutch.

Edit...
I just remembered how I got my ET MPH up... At the top of 3rd gear I drove it a little past redline because that shift to 4th is right at the end of the track. Not something I'd advise doing all the time, but it's something to consider.

Patrick - 2007 STi Limited
▼SbiΣ Mi▼
#18 Old 06-04-2006, 02:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

AOD_SNOWMAN is an unknown
Send a message via MSN to AOD_SNOWMAN
I'm not sure where I herd it. But someone told me that letting air out of radials doesn't help much if any unless they are ET streets!!! And I push all the way through redline and still can't top 89mph
#19 Old 09-25-2006, 03:20 AM
WRXtuners Member

rexred04 is an unknown
AOD whats up man? Springs here also.. currently deployed but will be home soon. I have a 04 also.. my first time out i ran a 15.0 at like 86 with a crappy 2.1 i think.. duno it was in 04 at pueblo also.. not the greatest track. the elevation is a killer. thats for sure.. dont worry about the tire spin.. your not making enough power to want all the grip right now.. as a friend told me "your just making enough to break parts right now" i am running cobb stage II now. only ran it once cause it was so busy before i deployed but i ran a 14.0 at 96 wiht a crappy 2.0 60ft... coulda run better but there were so many people there i wasnt waitin 3 hrs for another run! i know i could have run in the high 13's with a good launch. but like i said to many people! keep up the practice.. everything is gona be closed when i get back from iraq so will have to wait til next year... i have a ej5-40t, huge TMIC, pinks an fuel pump to put in an have tuned when i get back.. hopin to jump straight to the 12's.... we shall see! keep in touch.. i know alot of good suby guys in the springs..
#20 Old 10-11-2006, 12:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

*wRx03* is an unknown
My first time out mind you I have a 03 wrx sedan dont know if it is that much differant than the 04 but i am bone stock and ran a 15.0 at 90 with crappy 2.1 60' times i was launching at 6500 walking out the clutch and shifting at redline 7000 to 7200

Then went this past weekend and was launching at 5000 walking out the clutch was yeilding 1.9 60' times and was shifting at 6500 and was pulling off 14.3 to 14.5 at 92 and 93mph

Keep practicing, launching a awd car is tricky (for me anyways) you will get it. Going fast is a great high

Billy