First Day At Englishtown - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 04-06-2008, 05:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

boost_556 is an unknown
First Day At Englishtown

Hey guys,
Today was my first day at Englishtown race track, and boy i was nervous LOL.
My first run did not record for some reason i dont know, my second run i missssss third and just lost it.My third run was a blast but could have done better on the reaction time just have to get use to the lights.Here is how i did:

R/T 9.554

60 .699

330 4.574

1/8 7.885

mph 75

1000 10.629

1/4 12.978

mph 95.48

tell me what u guys think.
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-06-2008, 08:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

zmanoside is a helpful contributing member
I think the numbers are fowled up. A 12.9 at 95mph??? I just recently pulled a 14.2 when my car was stock at 95 mph. 60' time .699?? Should be 1.8's-2.0'sAnd I think you probably meant .554 rxn time, unless you waited 9 seconds after the tree went green Z

12.7 @ 109
#3 Old 04-06-2008, 09:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

boost_556 is an unknown
this is wht happened when i was all ready to go i got delayed by the track official so i miss launching with the other car in the next lane, and was not sure if i should still go so i was sitting there for like abt 9 sec while the light was still green then pulled off. so does cause my 1\4 time to be inaccurate?
#4 Old 04-06-2008, 10:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

yes. All of your times are screwed up. I knew something wasnt right. Was that your only run? Mods?

12.7 @ 109
#5 Old 04-06-2008, 10:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
boost, did you start at the line or did you get a run on it from a few feet back? Your timeslip might make sense if it was the latter...

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
#6 Old 04-07-2008, 06:09 AM
WRXtuners Member

boost_556 is an unknown
the first run dont know the time cause it did not print out, the second run i miss third gear and slow down half way of the track and cause me to run a 15.1 sec.
MY mods are: FMIC, sti injectors, perrin fuel rails, blitz boost controller, turbo XS BOV, full 3" catless exhaust, perrin crank pulley, AEM alt pulley, K&N filter, UTec fuel management, ACT clutch 6 puck clutch and pressure plate, EXedy 12lb flywheel and intercooler spray using Nitros.
#7 Old 04-07-2008, 06:20 AM
WRXtuners Member

boost_556 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepr View Post
boost, did you start at the line or did you get a run on it from a few feet back? Your timeslip might make sense if it was the latter...
I started on the line I was in starting position ...I just delayed my launch thus the slow reaction time. I'll post a video later
#8 Old 04-07-2008, 09:34 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost_556 View Post
the first run dont know the time cause it did not print out, the second run i miss third gear and slow down half way of the track and cause me to run a 15.1 sec.
MY mods are: FMIC, sti injectors, perrin fuel rails, blitz boost controller, turbo XS BOV, full 3" catless exhaust, perrin crank pulley, AEM alt pulley, K&N filter, UTec fuel management, ACT clutch 6 puck clutch and pressure plate, EXedy 12lb flywheel and intercooler spray using Nitros.
All those mods running a stock turbo? Why? I've also read in numerous posts that if you are running a stock tranny it's better to run a stock clutch.

12.7 @ 109
#9 Old 04-07-2008, 09:49 AM
WRXtuners Member

boost_556 is an unknown
Here is the link guys

YouTube - First day at the strip
#10 Old 04-07-2008, 10:03 AM
WRXtuners Member

I watched the video. It looks like the civic staged, you over staged, backed up and staged and then the civic left way early. Your double yellow staging lights are still lit when you left so I dont know what happened. First and foremost, dont rely on those numbers. But I do encourage you to go back and make some more runs and get a real time, I'm curious what you will pull off. But be carefull, with that clutch and flywheel mated to your stock tranny it makes it easier to break something tranny wise. Z

12.7 @ 109
#11 Old 04-07-2008, 02:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

boost_556 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmanoside View Post
I watched the video. It looks like the civic staged, you over staged, backed up and staged and then the civic left way early. Your double yellow staging lights are still lit when you left so I dont know what happened. First and foremost, dont rely on those numbers. But I do encourage you to go back and make some more runs and get a real time, I'm curious what you will pull off. But be carefull, with that clutch and flywheel mated to your stock tranny it makes it easier to break something tranny wise. Z
hey zmanoside, I was advised by my mechanic that the numbers are good except for the 60 ft .699 .........say that may have been 1.699 instead.However even though i had a delay on the line that only affected my RT (9.554 ) meaning that the light literally has no effect on the speed and quarter mile time is just how fast u react towards the light and your time will not start to count until u leave the line.So he says my time is correct as well as the speed.Anyway i am going back soon to clear this all up and will let u guys know wht happen. Hoping to keep it in the low 12's
#12 Old 04-07-2008, 03:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

Dude. Being a mechanic has NOTHING to do with being an expert in dragging cars. Your mechanic is wrong. Here is a link to dragtimes.com.

Fast Subaru Imprezas 1/4 Mile 0-60 Drag Racing - DragTimes.com

Check out the #'s for 12.9 1/4 miles.
All 12.9's are running at 104-105 MPH, thats 10 MPH faster than what you ran. A 1.699 60 ft time is INSANE. Even people pulling 10-11 second 1/4 mile times have higher 60 ft times.
Look at the link posted and you will see that your mechanic doesnt know what he's talking about. I've been drag racing for over 10 years. I'm not trying to bash you man, I'm just telling you that the times are INACCURATE and should not be relied upon. Z

12.7 @ 109
#13 Old 04-07-2008, 10:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

boost_556 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by boost_556 View Post
hey zmanoside, I was advised by my mechanic that the numbers are good except for the 60 ft .699 .........say that may have been 1.699 instead.However even though i had a delay on the line that only affected my RT (9.554 ) meaning that the light literally has no effect on the speed and quarter mile time is just how fast u react towards the light and your time will not start to count until u leave the line.So he says my time is correct as well as the speed.Anyway i am going back soon to clear this all up and will let u guys know wht happen. Hoping to keep it in the low 12's
well i am not trying to make enemies here, but he is not just a MECHANIC but also a racer he has a 9 sec RX7 and he goes up the track pretty often so i was seeking his opinion and trying to make sense of all this.However i am going to the track this FRIDAY and will post my new times just wanna know exactly what time my car is running.

thanks.
#14 Old 04-07-2008, 10:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

Like I said before, I'm not trying to bash you dude. And you aren't making enemies You didnt specify that your mechanic races a 9 second car. I'm just telling you what I see in the numbers, they dont lie. Let us know what happens on friday. Good luck! Zach

Also.. Ask your mechanic for video of his 9 sec RX7 (i used to own one), I'd like to see it!

12.7 @ 109
#15 Old 04-14-2008, 12:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

boost_556 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmanoside View Post
Like I said before, I'm not trying to bash you dude. And you aren't making enemies You didnt specify that your mechanic races a 9 second car. I'm just telling you what I see in the numbers, they dont lie. Let us know what happens on friday. Good luck! Zach

Also.. Ask your mechanic for video of his 9 sec RX7 (i used to own one), I'd like to see it!
Hey sorry i did not get a chance to post my time earlier but i did not do too well FRIDAY at the track, first i was not allowed to use my bottle of nitros i use for the intercooler had to have a fire jacket to race with the bottle. Another thing i was bogging too much on the line. I ran a 13.997 @93 MPH with 60 ft 1.446 RT .786
Anway will be going back soon after i prcatice more on my launch also i've up my boost and will be running also with the bottle this time. will keep u posted on my next run.