Subaru WRX Forum banner

Embarassing Story

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  9d2TSi 
#1 ·
Went to midnight madness with my friends last friday. Non of us have ever raced on the track before so it was a completely whole new ballgame than what we were used to. But being that this was our first time we didn't really expect to do but so well. I was second on the line. I lined up, but forgot to roll my windows up, so I'm rolling them up while getting my car ready to go. I've got it in first. I'm staging like normal, and ready to take it to this big pick-up truck that got on the line with me. Light turns green, I let off the clutch and all of a sudden.... the car jumps out of gear and into neutral. Ain't that a #####. So I have to sit there and wait for my engine to rev down so I can go after this guy. I chase him down and I'm like, "He got me off the line, but I refuse to lose to a truck." I wizz past him to get the win, but at this point I'm still pissed that it happened. I get my timesheet and it turns out to be something like 17.086 at 89mph. So now I REALLY pissed. I found out that the announcer was saying stuff like, "Oh, that W didn't get out for nothing. He's embarassing WRX's, oh there he goes." I talk to my team and nobody really did that great for they're first time on the track, so we're like, "It's cool, shake it off, we're still in this. We just gotta step it up." Then the track gets shut down, because it's started thunderstorming. We're gonna go back in a few weeks, we've got some work to do before we can go back, but next time it gonna be better.

#4 ·
I have been racing for a while, but my friend came out for the first time in his new 350z and he had never raced at all before. I was thinking after his first run he would do better, but his first night out there he was consistantly getting beat. Once this 4 door saturn (not at all performance tuned) took him off the line the announcer said "Looks like the Z is giving the saturn a head start" then my friend finally got his car going and barely beat the saturn... he didn't break past a 10 second 1/8th mile all night.

#5 ·
No need to be pissed at all bro, just soak up the atmosphere, It was my first time as well 2 weeks ago. I almost stalled my car on the first pass. I was pretty embarassed, but it's all good. I had a blast. Plus, racing at the track isn't as easy as it looks. There's alot going on. my biggest mistake was paying too much attention to the blown Stangs next to me. :shhh:

#6 ·
Yeah, I can't wait til next time. I'm trying to keep in on the track from now on. So we are going to start making it a weekly thing. It's definitely alot harder on the track. The track seem to stick to the tires more which made it harder to launch. Also, watching the light, gauges and rolling up my windows at the same time didn't make it any easier. But I'm ready to give it a try, because win lose or draw, I still had alot of fun.

#7 ·
Hahaha, that reminds me of when I went. The dude kept telling me to roll my windows up too. I kept forgetting to. I just roll them up before I even go to the staging lanes now. !Laugh!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.