Drag race prep - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 25 Old 07-19-2006, 03:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

trek98xc is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to trek98xc
NHRA regulated tracks require a helmet for 13.99 and quicker. Are you talking about 131 Stacy? Ive been meaning to go down there. I drove past it when I went camping at Forst Custer last week (which BTW, I was in Battle Creek) From the looks of it, that town could blwo up the whole state of Michigan with what theyre packin

rob
▼SbiΣ Mi▼
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 Old 07-19-2006, 04:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

bradley03 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek98xc
NHRA regulated tracks require a helmet for 13.99 and quicker. Are you talking about 131 Stacy? Ive been meaning to go down there. I drove past it when I went camping at Forst Custer last week (which BTW, I was in Battle Creek) From the looks of it, that town could blwo up the whole state of Michigan with what theyre packin

I have a friend with an Evo that runs low 11's and he's never been enforced to wear a helmet....safe huh? We are not NHRA regulated though just AHRA. Still you think for safties sake they would try and regulate that. Another guy here just ran a 9.2 in his cobra mustang the other night and it didn't have a rollcage or any other safety device, at least he wore a helmet though. Our track is not saftey enforced near as much as they should be, I'm just waiting for a horrible accident that could have been prevented with proper saftey measures. A Nissan 240 was allowed to run the track with his battery held down with bungie cords

-Brad
05 wrx sti
▼SbiΣ Mi▼
post #18 of 25 Old 07-19-2006, 07:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

fast_dak is an unknown
At Bristol Dragway, they do absolutely NO tech inspection. It's take 2 minutes to fill out a form, put the wristband on in front of the person, and you're off. It really is just hand them the signed form, they put the sticker and numbers on your car, put on the wristband, and you're done. If you're wearing shorts when going through the "tech" line, they'll tell you that you need long pants, but you can just say you have pants in your car, and you'll put them on before you race.. The guys in the staging lanes don't look real close, but they do check (so, they won't catch you on long shorts, but medium-short shorts, they will)
post #19 of 25 Old 07-19-2006, 10:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

trek98xc is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to trek98xc
That is weird. I have only been to one drag strip (great lakes) and they do a pretty good tech inspection. Unless the car doesnt look like it can do anything (hondas) then they usually just shoe polish the car and let you go.

rob
▼SbiΣ Mi▼
post #20 of 25 Old 07-20-2006, 12:55 AM
WRXtuners Member

fast_dak is an unknown
Yeah.. at VMP (Virginia Motorsports Park), you usually have to wait 30-45 minutes (if not more) to get through the tech line.. They make you pop your hood, ask what modifications you've done, even on my Dakota.. Make sure there's nothing in the bed that can fly out even if it's covered, etc, etc. Even made me take off the lug caps (or hub caps? forget what they're called, they're just big enough to cover all 5 lugs, it's about 8-10" tall), just to make sure they don't fly off as you go down the race track. Though I raced in shorts there all the time
post #21 of 25 Old 07-20-2006, 08:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

ManicsWrX is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to ManicsWrX
No helmets are required here either. And I run 7.5 in the 1/4

Chris- ▼SbiΣ Mi▼
242 AWHP / 318 TQ
post #22 of 25 Old 07-20-2006, 02:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

9d2TSi is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to 9d2TSi Send a message via MSN to 9d2TSi
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek98xc
I went there and ran my slow ass time, they didn't say anything. But, in my tech inspection they mentioned 13.49.

As for the Fort, I live within walking distance from the ANG (Air National Guard) base. And yes, they could definately blow some shit up. I work in the Fort, there's alot of cool stuff there.

Sorry to go OT Bades.

My car is well, it's like 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag...

<------ Click to see what I'm workin' with. ;)
post #23 of 25 Old 07-21-2006, 12:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicsWrX
No helmets are required here either. And I run 7.5 in the 1/4
Keep dreaming!!!

My name is Ken and I am a HP Junkie.
post #24 of 25 Old 07-21-2006, 09:01 AM
WRXtuners Member

9d2TSi is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to 9d2TSi Send a message via MSN to 9d2TSi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjott21
Keep dreaming!!!

Hehe, I didn't even catch that. I'd say that's right in the 1/8th mile though.

My car is well, it's like 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag...

<------ Click to see what I'm workin' with. ;)
post #25 of 25 Old 07-31-2006, 05:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

metroscub is more helpful than not
Draggin

Prep.....eat a McDonald's Deluxe Breakfast in the morning, try hold off on the release until you get to the track, then when you have to go real bad, run your car, I promise, if your are about to shit your pants, your car gains 100 HP.

NHRA tracks are more than likely always going to be your best bet, they have to meet standards that other privately owned tracks might not use. Also, they have a set of rules that apply to racing their tracks that eliminate bullshit.....I.E. at an NHRA track, if you are bracket racing against CAR-X(random car) that is dialed in @13.0 and you are dialed in @14.2, you will get the green 1.2 seconds ahead, thereby being able to race him on a more level field. Also, some NHRA tracks will do the right thing, and add time to your run if you redligh the launch....By the way, on another thread, some posted there r/t as a .03-something, which is a fast reaction...too fast, I know that unless you go when the amber lights is on you redlight the run, but also, if your r/t is less than .500, then you have red lighted the run as well, so, that run that the fellow post as having a r/t of a .03 something, could have actually been better than what he thought, dependent upon whether or not he had time added due to the red light.
Matt

Oh yeah...This is important::::o not run your A/C for a few hours before you race, so that all the condensation dries, track officials get pissed when you leak, and may prevent you from racing.
>one more thing, Try to go around the water trough, I doubt you need to heat the tires, symmetrical AWD does a hell of a job at keep the vehicle gorilla glued to the tarmac. Ok, I'm done, for real now.

Matthew
Wow, it can turn well too?