1/8 mile virgin - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 04-24-2005, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

wingless is an unknown
1/8 mile virgin

Before I did my last upgrade, decided I wanted to get a before & after time on the car. Local radio station sponsored a "streetcar shootout" so I let my 17 year old daughter drive the WRX to get in some good father / daughter bonding time. Had never drag raced before & 3 timing runs were horrible but she improved every run. She was having trouble getting on boost & watching the tree at the same time... In eliminations she dialed a 10.29 (don't laugh, remember she had never even seen a drag strip before) and ran against a 5.0 mustang dialed at 10 flat. She bogged big time & blew her launch but 10 seconds later had the Stang loading his pants big time. She ran out with a 10.18 but was flying up on him at the end & he ran out at a 9.98 trying to keep her behind! We should have easily been in the mid 9's and with current setup 8's should be attainable. She can't wait to race again but haven't had the time yet. Almost feel sorry for the dude in the Stang having to fight off a 17 y/o chick with zero experience. Almost.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-24-2005, 08:09 AM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
That's the good thing about bracket racing. You can run a 20 second ET, and as long as you run it consistently you win.