Subaru WRX Forum banner

1/4 mile times

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  WRXtreme 
#1 ·
for '02 wrx c&d mag says 14.7, r&t mag 14.4, automobile mag 14.5, SportCompactCar Magazine 14.1.... I am about 40bhp more than stock and I ran 1st time racing 16.1, 2nd 15.2 and 3&4th 14.8, however it was 95 deg F, and 60% humidity, does temp, pres and hum really have that much of an effect on the car or am I just a sh@#ty driver, be honest, lastnight was the first time I have raced. I am considering a cold water I/C sprayer, maybe dumping so dry ice in it next time I race

#6 ·
For the first time to the track that is decent. You just need to learn launch a little better, but that only comes with practice. First time at the track for me, my car had just rolled over 1k miles and it was the first time I ever attempted to launch it and one of the first times I actually got up to redline. My times dropped a little each time, from 15.5s to 15.0s and the 60' times were still above 2.0sec. I haven't been back in the past 2 years, but I am sure that I could pull off sub 2.0 60' times and run low 14.0s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.