06" Stage 2 / stock turbo - Subaru WRX Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-01-2007, 03:07 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 8
bobbymorgan4 is an unknown
06" Stage 2 / stock turbo

I'm car # 13...

1st pass 12.94 @ 105.07 (launched at 4000)
2nd pass 13.03 @ 105.47 (launched at 5000, bogged real bad)
3rd pass 12.82 @ 105.51 (launched at 6000, ran nice)

52 degrees,45 % humidity,600 altitude...

all pass low boost at 14.7 psi peak.
going to be running 18 psi next time at the track !!!

XPT Stage 2 tune,3" TBE,EQL Header,Short Ram,Silicone Hose,UnderDrive Pulleys...


http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o.../firstpass.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o...secondpass.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o.../thirdpass.jpg
bobbymorgan4 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 03-01-2007, 03:34 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
BithellWgn06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: California
Posts: 355
BithellWgn06 is an unknown
Nice numbers. Photobucket dumped your vids. I have the same map with just a downpipe and filter. Iheard that the eql length headers hurt our low end power. Try and repost those vids I would love to see them. I havent had a chance to try mine at the track yet.

BJJ for the win!
BithellWgn06 is offline  
#3 Old 03-01-2007, 03:48 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
2006WRXTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 310
Images: 22
2006WRXTR is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to 2006WRXTR Send a message via Yahoo to 2006WRXTR
Post again. Post again.

Rich
Latest: Meth Injection, Open Source
2006WRXTR is offline  
#4 Old 03-01-2007, 04:17 PM
bobbymorgan4 is offline  
#5 Old 03-01-2007, 04:23 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 8
bobbymorgan4 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by BithellWgn06 View Post
Nice numbers. Photobucket dumped your vids. I have the same map with just a downpipe and filter. Iheard that the eql length headers hurt our low end power. Try and repost those vids I would love to see them. I havent had a chance to try mine at the track yet.
Here is the deal with eql headers, with out a tune for them you will loose a small amount of low end torque, but gain some top end 5-10hp, after a tune for the headers watch outyoull get your mid range back plus more, and
a whole lot of top end probably another 15-25hp !!!!

I now have a custom tune and the car is much stronger, through the whole power band, especially down low, but it also pulls much harder up top...
I believe the car will probably run in the area of a very low
12.60, to a high 12.5 @ around 107-108 mph, with a good bite at the dig...
bobbymorgan4 is offline  
#6 Old 03-02-2007, 10:10 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
BithellWgn06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: California
Posts: 355
BithellWgn06 is an unknown
Right after I posted that ,I read a thread @ nabisco and saw a heads up on headers. It is a really good comparison and proves the hp gains are real. It seems like guys must not be tuning for their headers and hence the lag problems. Thanks for posting this, it should almost be a sticky to drop the rumor of headers being a bad mod unless you go big on the turbo.

BJJ for the win!
BithellWgn06 is offline  
#7 Old 03-02-2007, 10:12 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
BithellWgn06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: California
Posts: 355
BithellWgn06 is an unknown
Who did the custom tune?

BJJ for the win!
BithellWgn06 is offline  
#8 Old 03-02-2007, 05:44 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 8
bobbymorgan4 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by BithellWgn06 View Post
Who did the custom tune?
Well the 1/4 mile times were on a XPT stage 2 tune, I have since gotten a
custom tune and it runs a hell of a lot better, im expecting to run some mid 12's with this tune....

PDI, in San Antonio,tx did the tune Wayne coots is the gentlemans name
he is really good...
bobbymorgan4 is offline  
#9 Old 03-02-2007, 06:56 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
BithellWgn06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: California
Posts: 355
BithellWgn06 is an unknown
The only guy I have found so far cant tune opensource stuff yet because he is affiliated with Cobb. Did your guy do a road tune or dyno tune? If you can post some sound clips of your equal length headers I think there are a few of us that would like to hear how much different it is than the rumble we know, again hearsay because this whole header thing has been running on rumors.
Thanks again for the post.

BJJ for the win!
BithellWgn06 is offline  
#10 Old 03-03-2007, 08:31 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 8
bobbymorgan4 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by BithellWgn06 View Post
The only guy I have found so far cant tune opensource stuff yet because he is affiliated with Cobb. Did your guy do a road tune or dyno tune? If you can post some sound clips of your equal length headers I think there are a few of us that would like to hear how much different it is than the rumble we know, again hearsay because this whole header thing has been running on rumors.
Thanks again for the post.
I will post a sound clip up asap. Also every time I go to the track,
people always come up to me asking what kind of exhaust im running,
aand they are usually impressed with the sound ....
Its definatly no as rough of a burble, much quiter, and not as deep,
but definatly not ricer.....

Oh yeah, it was a road tune.........
bobbymorgan4 is offline  
#11 Old 03-03-2007, 06:46 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: California
Posts: 103
DJ Sina is an unknown
damn who was the guy you raced? 10 something second quarter mile??
DJ Sina is offline  
#12 Old 03-03-2007, 08:17 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 8
bobbymorgan4 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Sina View Post
damn who was the guy you raced? 10 something second quarter mile??
Yeah, I didnt get a choice of who I was going to race, just kinda got thrown
into it? It was a pro built drag car, 70 camaro 355ci, slicks,cage.....
bobbymorgan4 is offline  
#13 Old 03-04-2007, 08:46 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
BithellWgn06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: California
Posts: 355
BithellWgn06 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbymorgan4 View Post
I will post a sound clip up asap. Also every time I go to the track,
people always come up to me asking what kind of exhaust im running,
aand they are usually impressed with the sound ....
Its definatly no as rough of a burble, much quiter, and not as deep,
but definatly not ricer.....

Oh yeah, it was a road tune.........
How does that work? Do they drive and log and then change settings of the fuel and timing and what not and then log again?

BTW... where the hell are the sound clips!

BJJ for the win!
BithellWgn06 is offline  
#14 Old 03-04-2007, 08:56 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 8
bobbymorgan4 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by BithellWgn06 View Post
How does that work? Do they drive and log and then change settings of the fuel and timing and what not and then log again?

BTW... where the hell are the sound clips!
Yeah, pretty much..
first you log w/stock map, then up load the new data, drive it under many conditions, then modify the fuel, cam timing, and ignition timing, boost waste gatee and other variables...

I will get a sound clip for you in the next day or too, I had to
replace a blown, down pipe gasket today
bobbymorgan4 is offline  
#15 Old 03-09-2007, 09:31 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
BithellWgn06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: California
Posts: 355
BithellWgn06 is an unknown
Sound Clips????!Cry!
BTW are you registered @ osecuroms.org?
If so can you post your map or do you have to check with your tuner first?
Thanks
Dean

BJJ for the win!
BithellWgn06 is offline  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On