04 GT vs My WrX @ keystone drag - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 12-13-2005, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

ManicsWrX is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to ManicsWrX
04 GT vs My WrX @ keystone drag

Hey all I have this guy with the following mods that wants to run them to prove mustangs are better than Wrx's, his 04 runs 14.2 stock where I seen the new 06 wrx run mid to high 13s. With supporting mods which I will compare below who will take this win. Based on numbers and the launch I think its all mine.

2004 Mustang GT

5spd, 3:73's,Udp's,cia,85maf,bbk 75mm t/b, c&l plenum,bbk o/r xpipe,40series flows, pro 5.0 shifter,hypertech tuned
Dynoed at:253rwhp & 290rwtq
His Stock run shows a 14.2

2006 Subaru Wrx

5 SPD Turbo Back Exhaust W/O cats, Perrinn intake, COBB stage 2 maps 93 octane, Pro tuned by www.slowboyracing.com
Dynoed at 232AWHP & 308TQ running 17PSI
My stock run shows a 13.4 "Check Nasioc" u all hear about kid in TX that ran a 13.4 im sure.

Yea he got allot more mods than I do and the track does not open untill April so I got some mods in mind. Please give me the honest opinion on who will win this one. I personally think I got a good chance at it.

His $4,000+ in mods compared to my $1,500

He also openly admited a 04STI handed him his ass from 20 to 120 and with my wheel numbers I think im close if not got more power than the STI at the wheels.

well?

Chris- ▼SbiΣ Mi▼
242 AWHP / 318 TQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-13-2005, 11:02 AM
WRXtuners Member

02 WRX is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicsWrX
Hey all I have this guy with the following mods that wants to run them to prove mustangs are better than Wrx's, his 04 runs 14.2 stock where I seen the new 06 wrx run mid to high 13s. With supporting mods which I will compare below who will take this win. Based on numbers and the launch I think its all mine.

2004 Mustang GT

5spd, 3:73's,Udp's,cia,85maf,bbk 75mm t/b, c&l plenum,bbk o/r xpipe,40series flows, pro 5.0 shifter,hypertech tuned
Dynoed at:253rwhp & 290rwtq
His Stock run shows a 14.2

2006 Subaru Wrx

5 SPD Turbo Back Exhaust W/O cats, Perrinn intake, COBB stage 2 maps 93 octane, Pro tuned by www.slowboyracing.com
Dynoed at 232AWHP & 308TQ running 17PSI
My stock run shows a 13.4 "Check Nasioc" u all hear about kid in TX that ran a 13.4 im sure.

Yea he got allot more mods than I do and the track does not open untill April so I got some mods in mind. Please give me the honest opinion on who will win this one. I personally think I got a good chance at it.

His $4,000+ in mods compared to my $1,500

He also openly admited a 04STI handed him his ass from 20 to 120 and with my wheel numbers I think im close if not got more power than the STI at the wheels.

well?
ehh that's not $4k in mods on the mustang. he should be running in the low 13's though. it's gonna be a driver's race and you have the advantage from the launch if you can drive. GT's arent much; of course it'd lose to an STi. if you race past the 1/4 mile or from a roll, the outcome won't be in your favor. it's possible for you to win though in the 1/4, let us know. just hope he doesnt have drag radials or slicks.

98 SVT Cobra - Black on Tan
Bassani o/r X, Bassani cat-back, Pro 5.0 shifter, JLT CAI, March Underdrive Pullies, 4.10's, Aluminum Driveshaft, Continental Conti ProContacts

2002 WRX 5 spd - TRADED IN

1996 SVT Cobra Black on Tan -TOTALED

1995 Mustang GT vert - SOLD
post #3 of 9 Old 12-13-2005, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

He is using street tires i believe. Also if I got some suspension mods it would help my launch correct? What mods would you guys suggest for this? Any mods b4 i race him that you guys/gals can think of for me 2 get? I think i got a good chance of winning. If he lost to an STI then hes going to loose to me. I got more power than the STI. And it is a 1/4 mile at keystone raceway.

if he is doing 13s "low 13s" i was told I will pull high 12s "havent been to track since the mods been done" last time I pulled a 13.7 bad run...and my buddy pulled a 13.4 in mine stock...hes a better driver lol now this is stock numbers also...so i think i can pull 12s

Chris- ▼SbiΣ Mi▼
242 AWHP / 318 TQ
post #4 of 9 Old 12-13-2005, 03:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

04WRXn00b is an unknown
I dont' possibly see how a stock 06 WRX can pull a 13.4 when that is what a stock 06 STI pulls. A Stock STI puts down around 234-238 at the wheels, just a slight bit mroe than you and it has a closer ratio tranny. Not the mention the suspension is stiffer so and STI (drivers being equal) would still take you. If you pull a high 12 with that car, i am selling my 04 and getting an 06.
post #5 of 9 Old 12-13-2005, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

you will be suprised, but im waiting to see what summer brings "track days" the guys at slowboys telln me i should run that...with the setup i got. I guess we will see.

Chris- ▼SbiΣ Mi▼
242 AWHP / 318 TQ
post #6 of 9 Old 12-27-2005, 05:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

cbonito is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicsWrX
you will be suprised, but im waiting to see what summer brings "track days" the guys at slowboys telln me i should run that...with the setup i got. I guess we will see.
I'm with you bro!

I will be spending some time at my track this spring, and I'm going Cobb Stage 2 which boasts 13.4s at 100+. If that is true, my world will be a better place!

I have read something linked from this site that mentions a dyno on a stock 06.
Apparently they dynoed more than they expected.

I have been hearing a lot of guys repeat the same statement regarding how a half a liter is doing nothing. This is not true at all. And while I'm not saying the 06 is better than the 05 and below by leaps and bounds, I will say that it's a step up, especially in mine where it's a TR model with no options (weight) but the short throw shifter. It's really an amazing car to me with a lot of potential. It performs pretty nicely right out of the box.
post #7 of 9 Old 12-28-2005, 04:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

awd>fwd is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to awd>fwd
Yeah stock 06's dyno with 265 at the crank.

Brent
2007 Satin White STi, 1989 Nissan Sil-Coupe, 1998 Toyota 4runner (to be built..)...
post #8 of 9 Old 12-29-2005, 01:29 PM
Moe
WRXtuners Member

Moe is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Moe
lol I kno this is an old post but im probably going to have to record the race huh lol?
post #9 of 9 Old 12-29-2005, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

+1 best believe it

Chris- ▼SbiΣ Mi▼
242 AWHP / 318 TQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement