Subaru WRX Forum banner

04 GT vs My WrX @ keystone drag

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  ManicsWrX 
#1 ·
Hey all I have this guy with the following mods that wants to run them to prove mustangs are better than Wrx's, his 04 runs 14.2 stock where I seen the new 06 wrx run mid to high 13s. With supporting mods which I will compare below who will take this win. Based on numbers and the launch I think its all mine.

2004 Mustang GT

5spd, 3:73's,Udp's,cia,85maf,bbk 75mm t/b, c&l plenum,bbk o/r xpipe,40series flows, pro 5.0 shifter,hypertech tuned
Dynoed at:253rwhp & 290rwtq
His Stock run shows a 14.2

2006 Subaru Wrx

5 SPD Turbo Back Exhaust W/O cats, Perrinn intake, COBB stage 2 maps 93 octane, Pro tuned by www.slowboyracing.com
Dynoed at 232AWHP & 308TQ running 17PSI
My stock run shows a 13.4 "Check Nasioc" u all hear about kid in TX that ran a 13.4 im sure.

Yea he got allot more mods than I do and the track does not open untill April so I got some mods in mind. Please give me the honest opinion on who will win this one. I personally think I got a good chance at it.

His $4,000+ in mods compared to my $1,500

He also openly admited a 04STI handed him his ass from 20 to 120 and with my wheel numbers I think im close if not got more power than the STI at the wheels.

well? :cool:

See less See more
#2 ·
ManicsWrX said:
Hey all I have this guy with the following mods that wants to run them to prove mustangs are better than Wrx's, his 04 runs 14.2 stock where I seen the new 06 wrx run mid to high 13s. With supporting mods which I will compare below who will take this win. Based on numbers and the launch I think its all mine.

2004 Mustang GT

5spd, 3:73's,Udp's,cia,85maf,bbk 75mm t/b, c&l plenum,bbk o/r xpipe,40series flows, pro 5.0 shifter,hypertech tuned
Dynoed at:253rwhp & 290rwtq
His Stock run shows a 14.2

2006 Subaru Wrx

5 SPD Turbo Back Exhaust W/O cats, Perrinn intake, COBB stage 2 maps 93 octane, Pro tuned by www.slowboyracing.com
Dynoed at 232AWHP & 308TQ running 17PSI
My stock run shows a 13.4 "Check Nasioc" u all hear about kid in TX that ran a 13.4 im sure.

Yea he got allot more mods than I do and the track does not open untill April so I got some mods in mind. Please give me the honest opinion on who will win this one. I personally think I got a good chance at it.

His $4,000+ in mods compared to my $1,500

He also openly admited a 04STI handed him his ass from 20 to 120 and with my wheel numbers I think im close if not got more power than the STI at the wheels.

well? :cool:
ehh that's not $4k in mods on the mustang. he should be running in the low 13's though. it's gonna be a driver's race and you have the advantage from the launch if you can drive. GT's arent much; of course it'd lose to an STi. if you race past the 1/4 mile or from a roll, the outcome won't be in your favor. it's possible for you to win though in the 1/4, let us know. just hope he doesnt have drag radials or slicks.

#3 ·
!Thumbs Up He is using street tires i believe. Also if I got some suspension mods it would help my launch correct? What mods would you guys suggest for this? Any mods b4 i race him that you guys/gals can think of for me 2 get? I think i got a good chance of winning. If he lost to an STI then hes going to loose to me. I got more power than the STI. And it is a 1/4 mile at keystone raceway.

if he is doing 13s "low 13s" i was told I will pull high 12s "havent been to track since the mods been done" last time I pulled a 13.7 bad run...and my buddy pulled a 13.4 in mine stock...hes a better driver lol now this is stock numbers also...so i think i can pull 12s

#4 ·
I dont' possibly see how a stock 06 WRX can pull a 13.4 when that is what a stock 06 STI pulls. A Stock STI puts down around 234-238 at the wheels, just a slight bit mroe than you and it has a closer ratio tranny. Not the mention the suspension is stiffer so and STI (drivers being equal) would still take you. If you pull a high 12 with that car, i am selling my 04 and getting an 06.

#6 ·
ManicsWrX said:
you will be suprised, but im waiting to see what summer brings "track days" the guys at slowboys telln me i should run that...with the setup i got. I guess we will see.
I'm with you bro!

I will be spending some time at my track this spring, and I'm going Cobb Stage 2 which boasts 13.4s at 100+. If that is true, my world will be a better place!!Thumbs Up

I have read something linked from this site that mentions a dyno on a stock 06.
Apparently they dynoed more than they expected.:D

I have been hearing a lot of guys repeat the same statement regarding how a half a liter is doing nothing. This is not true at all. And while I'm not saying the 06 is better than the 05 and below by leaps and bounds, I will say that it's a step up, especially in mine where it's a TR model with no options (weight) but the short throw shifter. It's really an amazing car to me with a lot of potential. It performs pretty nicely right out of the box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.