well a few of us got together over the week end to take a few pics, enjoy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-22-2010, 08:41 AM
WRXtuners Member

dannyb is an unknown

#3 Old 11-22-2010, 10:20 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Pretty freaking spectacular...Thanks for the for photos. I love 06 and 07 STIs.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#4 Old 11-22-2010, 10:49 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Nice show of cars.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#5 Old 11-22-2010, 01:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

dannyb is an unknown
cheers lads, few more for the 06 sti lover

#6 Old 11-22-2010, 06:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
That black 06 STi actually looks sort of sloppy to me - it seems like the owner puchased and installed every imaginable bolt-on accessory and called it a day. With all of those details, I'm kind of surprised he/she decided to keep the stock intake silencer in the passenger fender. There are parts of the car that I really like, but overall, I'd probably give it a thumbs down and that's sad because I generally like all Subarus. However, I feel like if a few things were slightly tweaked, my opinion would change drastically.

Criticism aside, thanks for posting the pics. I still enjoyed looking at all of them!

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#7 Old 11-22-2010, 09:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
I'm surprised John. He's using your color scheme....black and red. I guess its a matter of personal opinion on how its done. I don't like the rims and some of the mods. But, its a attempt a making a STI Spec C Type RA-R in aesthetic mods....and that's pretty freaking sweet in its self.

Kirt
#8 Old 11-22-2010, 09:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
they all need moar lowe and moar flush

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#9 Old 11-22-2010, 10:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
The white GC is rad.

Thank you for sharing!

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
#10 Old 11-23-2010, 03:55 AM
WRXtuners Member

dannyb is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by man show View Post
That black 06 STi actually looks sort of sloppy to me - it seems like the owner puchased and installed every imaginable bolt-on accessory and called it a day. With all of those details, I'm kind of surprised he/she decided to keep the stock intake silencer in the passenger fender. There are parts of the car that I really like, but overall, I'd probably give it a thumbs down and that's sad because I generally like all Subarus. However, I feel like if a few things were slightly tweaked, my opinion would change drastically.

Criticism aside, thanks for posting the pics. I still enjoyed looking at all of them!
i get what your saying man, i was the same when i see the first pic of it but when i went to see it in person i quickly changed my mind

no prob im camera happy so i'l prob be doing your heads in with pics over the next few months
#11 Old 11-23-2010, 07:55 AM
WRXtuners Member

kyfi87 is an unknown
All the cars look fantastic. I am lovin the ol' gc's. The emblem on the black one caught my attention the most, Scooby and the stars? That guy gets mad props from me. Not sure how they found something like that but good stuff. Thanks for putting these up!
#12 Old 11-23-2010, 08:08 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Yeah, there's something about it that's just a little... off. I remember seeing a black hawkeye STi over on NASIOC that was very similar - same kit and same wheels, but black instead of red - I don't know if any of you have seen it, but I think that one looks so much better than this one. The suspension is definitely part of it, but I also just really dislike that bottom grill that I think that's what really ruins it for me. For tires as stretched as those, I'd expect to see less fender gap. The red wheels are cool, but I don't like the blocky ROTA stickers on them. I also don't like all the carbon fiber accents on the front end (grill surround, fog bezels, side vents, canards, and the eyebrows are hideous). The hood scoop is too big, I don't like all the stickers or the side mirrors, the mesh of the grill is too shiney and jagged and sticks out like a sore thumb, and the combination of the Chargespeed Bottomline kit plus the mud flaps is too much - choose one or the other. Also, tuck away those red wires going to the battery and swap the tail lights for 04/05 red ones to keep with the black/red scheme

I do, however, really really like the Chargespeed Bottomline lip kit, the roof vent, rain guards, and the overall black/red color scheme. I'm kind of undecided on the Scooby Doo emblem at the moment since I saw a black/yellow circular Batman emblem on a BMW the other day (in place of the blue/white stock one) and I thought it was kind of dumb.

Something with that car must have struck a chord. Maybe I'm being too picky, but for someone who spent that much money on aesthetic mods, I'd expect the car to be slightly cleaner and less obnoxious - unless maybe that's what the owner was going for?

No worries dannyb, keep the pics coming!

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#13 Old 12-05-2010, 11:08 AM
WRXtuners Member

True, I don't have a eye for athestics. I like seeing something different. But, I agree that certian athestic mods are hideous.

Kirt