Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Photography/Photoshop (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f110/)
-   -   new gauges (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f110/new-gauges-16737/)

03'WRXDriva 02-23-2007 07:21 PM

new gauges

I just got done installing some gauges from prosport. the yare very nice. I used the autometer dash mount gauge pod. it was 54 bucks shipped and i think i got 145 in the gauges, boost, oil pressure, and air fuel. ehre are some pics

the only one hooked up is the boost gauge, i used the factory hose it was the perfect length. and used the wires from the clock for all power. i ran out of time and i gotta work tomorrow so i stopped for the night, the oil pressure line goes under the intercooler so that might take a few minutes and i have to run a wire to the rear 02 sensor also.

[IMG]http://i19.tinypic.com/30uy35d.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i13.tinypic.com/3z8avjn.jpg[/IMG]

RentForSale 02-23-2007 11:04 PM

Those are sexy as hell .

kh15 02-24-2007 02:23 AM

whats in the bottom din pocket? EQ?

ilovecake 02-24-2007 03:27 AM

Looks real nice man !Thumbs Up

03'WRXDriva 02-24-2007 06:43 AM

Yeah the old pioneer dsp (digital signal processor) it does all sorts of shit. 14 band eq, volume control for anything. i jsut use it for a cool look and eq for the subs. they still sell it from pioneer i got that back in get this 97' had it in at least 4 vehicles now. its great tho looks good and fills the spot nicely.

some day when i got extra money fro a stereo im gona get a dd dvd, lookin at the jvc i like the way the one in my truck sounds. jvc has moved up so much in the last 10 years.

thanks for the good replies

i got around 200 in the gauges and pod. install was pretty simple so far.

wrx3r 02-25-2007 09:25 PM

prosport FTW. i have three gauges from them an love them. oil pressure will not be a big deal either as long as you have the galley plug from subaru

WRXKidid775 02-25-2007 10:24 PM

im getting boost, oil pressure and egt from them in the near future. im a lazy ass though and getting the oil filter sandwich that gives you the place to plug in oil pressure and temp without drilling anythign out.

kh15 02-25-2007 11:46 PM

[QUOTE=03'WRXDriva;138651]Yeah the old pioneer dsp (digital signal processor) it does all sorts of shit. 14 band eq, volume control for anything. i jsut use it for a cool look and eq for the subs. they still sell it from pioneer i got that back in get this 97' had it in at least 4 vehicles now. its great tho looks good and fills the spot nicely.

some day when i got extra money fro a stereo im gona get a dd dvd, lookin at the jvc i like the way the one in my truck sounds. jvc has moved up so much in the last 10 years.

thanks for the good replies

i got around 200 in the gauges and pod. install was pretty simple so far.[/QUOTE]

yea so far everything looks great!

WeSellCarParts 02-26-2007 06:56 PM

looking good. also the pioneer eq is a great product if you have the double din! I have one (Think its a DEQ-7600?) and it does wonders!

03'WRXDriva 02-26-2007 10:05 PM

thats what mine is they still make them and i have had mine for a littler over 10 years. pioneer is a great product

kh15 02-26-2007 11:07 PM

is it hard to hook up the eq? can it be used with any head unit?

WRXKidid775 02-27-2007 12:09 AM

hey man i remembered a question i had. are they really bright? i have heard that they are super bright and i like my cabin dark.
did you get the oil press hooked up?

wash your windshield ROFL

03'WRXDriva 02-27-2007 06:37 AM

it was raining all day b4 i put them in, then we got snow. half the city lost power due to ice. i believe it said 250000 in iowa total.

they are pretty bright at night daytime if u got some good sunglasses and its bright out its tuff to see them.

its like 10 out so i havnt worked on them any more, i did get a tap for the plug tho at work. probly look at it tonight.

as far as install of eq its got the typical wires of anything. red,orange,black ,and yellow. and 4 sets of rca's. very simple install. no power output fyi. if u use it u need a amp.

kh15 02-27-2007 10:18 PM

[QUOTE=03'WRXDriva;139353]it was raining all day b4 i put them in, then we got snow. half the city lost power due to ice. i believe it said 250000 in iowa total.

they are pretty bright at night daytime if u got some good sunglasses and its bright out its tuff to see them.

its like 10 out so i havnt worked on them any more, i did get a tap for the plug tho at work. probly look at it tonight.

as far as install of eq its got the typical wires of anything. red,orange,black ,and yellow. and 4 sets of rca's. very simple install. no power output fyi. if u use it u need a amp.[/QUOTE]

cool so i just hook up the power and rca and thats pretty much it? i just dont want to splice the 20 wires like it did to hook up my alpine head unit!

03'WRXDriva 02-28-2007 06:37 AM

[QUOTE]cool so i just hook up the power and rca and thats pretty much it? i just dont want to splice the 20 wires like it did to hook up my alpine head unit![/QUOTE]

thats correct. its all just hooking up rca's. now if u are powering your mids and highs u have to run power to them via a amp. but i just use it for sub control and a cool eq