Bored and took pics of my car. - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 02-01-2013, 06:51 AM
Premium Member

the RIOT act is more helpful than not
Garage
Bored and took pics of my car.

Damn man...Chevy kicked yo ass lol! I feel your pain man I've been there. 3 weeks after owning my previous car, a Nissan 350z I smashed the whole LF of it. I wanted to cry when it happen lol!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Brandon - 13' SWP WRX Sedan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 02-01-2013, 08:09 AM
WRXtuners Member

RINGY91 is an unknown
I wanted to scream cause the lady was stopped but didnt have her foot on the break and no one was in front of her and the light was green.

ohh well should be fixed soon guys coming to give me a estimate today and i have full coverage so i should be ok. sad though
#18 Old 02-01-2013, 08:53 AM
Premium Member

Garage

Yeah it's all good. It'll be better with some aftermarket love anyways. Unless you're going to go all stock?

#19 Old 02-01-2013, 10:30 AM
WRXtuners Member

RINGY91 is an unknown
If i could id put a 2010 front bumber ahah but id need the matchin fenders so I think its gonna be stock unless i talk to my mechanic and see if he can get me a different grille
#20 Old 02-01-2013, 10:35 AM
Premium Member

Garage

Hey it's all your money. So if you can find the parts go for it! With everyone putting aftermarket fenders and bumpers on I'm sure you can find an OE 2010+ setup on NASIOC. just verify with someone they'd bolt on, as I'm not sure on that. Same with your headlights and hood thats needed...aftermarket! Some black housings and a CF hood from Seibon sounds tasty lol!

#21 Old 02-01-2013, 01:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

RINGY91 is an unknown
ahah ya im not sure about cf on this car maybe with a white 06 sti sedan ahah OHH YA!!

getting a lil over 2500 tho
#22 Old 02-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Premium Member

Garage

Nice!!

#23 Old 02-01-2013, 02:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

RINGY91 is an unknown
ya didnt think these cars were that expensive i was looking for a headlight he said 360 i think thats crazy.

how far from manchester is uxbridge?
#24 Old 02-01-2013, 04:00 PM
Premium Member

Garage

Well Uxbridge is about 1.5 hours from the northern border of MA. Not sure how far Manchester is from the southern border of NH. But hell, for that money you can get x2 HID projectors! That's why I say if an accident ever happens its time to go aftermarket. OE parts are expensive! Almost everything I'd say stay OE but with only cosmetic damage like yours I'd say start looking into some nice HID projectors and a poly hood if not carbon fiber. Fenders I'd say stay OE though.

#25 Old 02-01-2013, 06:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
why CF??? they are heavier than most our stock hoods and almost always tend to peel within the first few years???

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#26 Old 02-01-2013, 09:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
^I don't know why this is still a common statement. It was true until about five years ago.

08+ WRX's come with steel hoods that weigh 45 lbs so a std cf hood cut about 25 off of that. I did the same thing when my car took hail damage, used the insurance money to get it painted. A dry cf hood I think weighs about 12 lbs for our cars.

I can take it off and put it back on by myself versus needing help with the oem.

Either way op, good luck with the repairs. For the love of god if you get a cf hood please get it painted.

-Chris
#27 Old 02-02-2013, 06:04 AM
Premium Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZE2099 View Post
why CF??? they are heavier than most our stock hoods and almost always tend to peel within the first few years???
WetDream speaks good on the weight issue from other posts on CF with Rex's that I've read, as its already on my soon to do list and I've been doing research lol! And when it comes to CF you absolutely get what you pay for. I've had the no name eBay specials on my civic as a teen, to VIS on my RSX, to Seibon on my 350z and lemme tell you the ONLY hood to ever consider is Seibon plain an simple. The eBay hoods will absolutely crack, yellow, and have clear coat peeling off in no time...cause mine certainly did. VIS makes a marginally better product I suppose, but nothing to write home about. Both my VIS hoods had air bubbles everywhere and both yellowed worse than my eBay special as a kid. I went with Seibon with my Z and lemme tell you...flawless! Not a single air bubble, crack, or yellowing after 6 years of having the hood on there! Plus they come very well built on the inside with exobodies so it looks very clean and OE like.

#28 Old 02-02-2013, 06:07 AM
Premium Member

Garage

WetDream you don't think the CF would look good with the WRB he's got? I do agree the black only looks good with certain colors though, and the WRB might be too dark to keep unpainted. I had all red an white cars growing up and CF looks great on both colors. Never really considered painting mine. I will agree on darker colors though. Like when you see a black car with a CF hood...just doesn't look right IMO.

#29 Old 02-02-2013, 01:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I stand corrected, but still. They need paint most of the time to get away from their awful peeling.

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#30 Old 02-02-2013, 06:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

09bluewrx is an unknown
Re: Bored and took pics of my car.

Ive had to reclear several of my buddies cf hoods, trunks and hatches over the past few years

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App