Subaru WRX Forum banner

GST Motorsports Sets Another Time Attack Record [video]

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Administrator 
#1 ·

As we reported two weeks ago, GST Motorsports set a new Super Lap Battle record around Firebird's main racing circuit. Well, the boys from Hayward, California have done it again, this time setting a new Redline Time Attack lap record at Las Vegas Motor Speedway's outside road course, posting a best time of 1-minute 39.657 seconds.

"The entire GST Motorsports crew worked very hard to provide me with a capable car," said The G-STig, the mysterious and anonymous driver of GST's famous Time Attack Subaru Impreza L, rumored to be famed Japanese Time Attack driver Tarzan Yamada. "The car ran very well for me all weekend and all the changes we have been working on are keeping us moving in the right direct. I only wish we were able to run the car on a clean track at full power to show everyone just how well it's coming together"

Mike Warfield, owner and engine tuner of GST Motorsports, had this to say about their accomplishment in Vegas. "Given the limited seat time we have been able to give our driver to date and some of the major changes we have made to the chassis I am extremely happy with the teams progress thus far and really look forward to the next event where we hope to be able to turn up the wick considerably. To take the win here this weekend with so much more left on the table really gives us something to look forward to."

In fact, GST's amazing Impreza ran a 1:38.1 during qualifying earlier in the day, and in-car data suggests a 1:36.8 was well within grasp had track conditions not deteriorated during the final so-called Super Session.

For in-car video evidence of GST's flying 1:38.1 qualifying lap, check out the video at the link below.

More: GST Motorsports Sets Another Time Attack Record [video] on AutoGuide.com

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.