needa used motor with warranty, HELP!!!! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-22-2014, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

bushwickbill is an unknown
needa used motor with warranty, HELP!!!!

Hi everyone and happy Easter. Well my situation has been a nightmare with my wrx. i purchased it used from a Non subaru dealer last sept. It was a 2009 wrx hatchback with 77000 km. I made one trip to Toronto from sudbury and my engine blew up basically (Water pump siezed, Timing belt went after destroying everything else, Including turbo). Long story short, I need a motor, Used that will come with a 1 year warranty. This is the stipulation from my aftermarket warranty provider. My Warranty covers the car till the odometer hits 200,000 kms. So I wanna preserve that. Since they are making me put a new or used motor in, I am sure they will have to fix something down the road before my car hits 200,00 kms.
So where can I get one. The subaru shop here in Sudbury is telling me that there is a place in Toronto that sells fully rebuilt motors that can come with a 1 year warranty. Does anyone know this place, Or of a place I can get what I am looking for. My Car has been sitting in a shop since Jan 15 2014. So this has been going on for ever it seems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-22-2014, 01:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Bushwickbill,

I'm not sure how to answer you but ill give it a shot, just to make sure i understand you have a thrid party warrenty that covers your vehicle up to 200,000 kms but they are only willing to cover the cost of a replacement engine if You can find on with an additional 1 year manufacturer warranty?

Not sure how the law works in Canada but in the states when a claim is placed against a warranty then the insurer is responsible for providing means for repair. I would get in contact with your third party insurer and ask them how you should proceed, inform them that your vehicle is non-operable in its current state and ask for recommendations for repair shops. If they are willing to cover OEM equipment then i would have it towed to a Subaru dealership and have them install a OEM ej255.

If your warranty service is requiring that you purchase a USED part with stipulations that the used part carry an additional warrenty i would very carefully read the terms of your agreement with that company and i might consult with a lawyer. It sounds very unusual that they would stipulate that the replacement parts need to be used and come with some 4th party warranty.

Jason
13 WRX Hatch - Cobb OTS Stage 1
post #3 of 4 Old 04-22-2014, 01:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Aftermarket warranty providers are notoriously stingy and cheap. I hated dealing with them when I worked in the auto business. They never authorized anything but the minimum repairs and would always tell us to use the cheapest parts available, often asking if we could get ahold of used stuff. It's very expected that they are wanting him to get a used engine rather than them pay out the huge price difference on a new one. That's part of why I would never buy anything but an official manufacturer extended warranty.

I wish I could help. I don't know of any places that would stock a used '09-'14 WRX engine, much less in your area.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-22-2014, 02:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

Bubba James is an unknown
wrxusa.com dunno if they'll ship to Canada though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App