Subaru WRX Forum banner

ANYONE from Canada

29K views 69 replies 53 participants last post by  DB_VW 
#1 ·
i figured that i gonna post something here ### Im sure there is few ppl from canada on this board. Just got my Wrx like 2 weeks!Thumbs Up and im from edmonton :D hopefully someone is going to post on canadian forum so we can start something here!Laugh!

#8 ·
Hey guys, Im from Calgary to , Born and raised here. I haven't accutally bought my WRX yet but i just need to get rid of my Nissan and then i can get one. IM thinkign either an 02-03 becuase they are less expensive , but i just took an 04 out for a drive today and man do i think im in love.

anyways how to learn lots from this forum i cam from a Toyota , to a Honda , to my nissan and soon a WRX

Drew

#10 ·
Hey fellow canucks. I'm in Edmonton 2. I just did my snorkotemy yesterday. I just got some perrin rear end links on Ebay for my 04 WRX. Is it a difficult ordeal? I'm considering forgetting my 24K dealership tire rotation, brake cleaning and oil change for $300 and takin on the car myself. I wanna do upipe exhaust, brakes etc. There are hardly any WRXs around here. You guys have advise about anything?...

#12 ·
Another Edmontonian here!

There is a pretty strong subie community here even though there aren't that many on the streets. We get together a few times each year for meets and a lot of the guys autocross and rally. Unfortunately, they mostly hang out on NASIOC. I much prefer this site much more.

End links are pretty easy, you should be able to do it yourself. Just don't rely on the Perrin instructions - generally they are useless. Try this

http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3632&highlight=install+endlinks

Anyway, welcome to the fun of Subaru!!!

#15 ·
garfunkle187 said:
Hey, Saskatoon, SK here.

Just bought an 05 STi about 10 days ago. I work around Edmonton lots so hope to see some of your rides around.

Also, anyone know any good suppliers in Canada so i don't have to pay international shipping/customs etc?
Well I'm from Edmonton, and I go to Subracing. They are a new tuning shop in Edmonton with a Mustang AWD dyno!! They get COBB, TurboXS, APS, etc, etc. Just go to there website and look around. If you phone them talk to Blaine. He's the guy to hook you up for parts. Good prices on Cobb stuff right now too.

Glad to see we are building the Canadian Suby community.

Hope to see some of you around. I'm in the Southend of Edmonton, and I drive an 06 black WRX with tinted windows.

!Thumbs Up

#19 ·
Hey all... From Grande Prairie, AB, just got my 07 Satin White Pearl WRX sedan 4 days ago, and just registered on the site... I made the move from an older BMW, and so far I am VERY happy with the move...;) Can't wait till the snow is gone up here, so I can take this thing on the highway... :D

You'll see me around, I think...:D

#24 ·
holly shit. there are some drivers in canada. I just bought a 02 wrx thats moded out the yingyang. I "live" in BC but spend most of my time on highway 2 going and commin, workin and playin. I cruse in lethbridge but have lived everywhere south of peace river.
I'll be rollin around cal by the 18th or so then going back to work near edson so yall should drop me a line and we'll get this alberta crew going.

also it now makes sence why there was only one used wrx addvertized in alberta. I bought mine in bc about a weekago. I havent even picked it up yet.grrr. stupid work.grr.
checkit out @ www.rutledgeperformance.com

later ya'll

#25 ·
Central alberta guy here can't hate on Edmonton or Calgary but dam the oilers are doin shitty. I've only seen 3 rexs 4 Sti's an a bunch of wagons in my town. Hopefully some suby albertains come to the rimby shoot out with me an show all them muscle guys what sport compact is all about.

#28 ·
Hey All,
From our nation's capital here. Black 04 WRX. Just recently modified the exhaust with a Turboxs up-pipe, Cobb catted downpipe, and Cobb AP stage 2. Still need to change the stock cat-back. Nice noticeable difference in spool up, hp and torque. I love this car.
What I'd like to see is if you guys can post any Canadian after-market distributors or shops, cause it's a bitch trying to order things from the US.
I know that Lachute Subaru is a good one on the Quebec side http://www.lachuteperformance.com/EN/.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.