Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Southwest WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f105/)
-   -   Phoenix Area Shops (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f105/phoenix-area-shops-11928/)

NO PULSE 04-27-2006 12:05 AM

Phoenix Area Shops

Anyone recommend any shops that carry Subaru stuff and can do installs if needed?

Im pretty new to the area in concerns to car mods, or shops. Im mostly in the north West valley (north west corner of the 101-loop).

Im also looking for recommendations on a car audio shop too.

Thanks in advance !Thumbs Up

Vail 05-08-2006 02:49 PM

If you want to be continuously lied to about parts and when your car will actually be finished use Kingpin. Of course they will tell you they can do it all (and in most cases they can) Just plan on being without your ride for say 5-15 months as some of us have found out the hard way.:mad: I spent (or I should say, wasted) about $14K at this rip off joint and am currently involved in a court case with them as a result of their "less than optimum" work.

If you want a good shop with certified mechanics that know Subaru's inside and out go with Dyno-Comp. I've spend about $9k with them with exceptional customer support and exceptional results (365 awhp out of my 2.0L).

Vivid racing is also alright. I've spent about $11K with them and never had any issues. But you will hear others who may have had issues.

Blzzrd 10-31-2006 09:31 AM

[QUOTE=NO PULSE]Anyone recommend any shops that carry Subaru stuff and can do installs if needed?

Im pretty new to the area in concerns to car mods, or shops. Im mostly in the north West valley (north west corner of the 101-loop).

Im also looking for recommendations on a car audio shop too.

Thanks in advance !Thumbs Up[/QUOTE]

I've worked with Tokyo Speed Pros they are pretty good. Although, I've heard dynocomp is the place to go.

And, Full-Race (for those past honda owners will know them well) are working on Subies now.

DC2skel 12-30-2006 06:50 PM

I just purchased my scooby today. I live in IL but visit PHX at least once a year and still have family down there. Does dynocomp do full tunes? I heard that just doing a tune on my car will net about 20-30 hp. That is with out any boltons. Also how much they charge for a run on the dyno?

sti4me 01-01-2007 02:16 PM

[QUOTE=DC2skel]Does dynocomp do full tunes?[/QUOTE]

. . . and then some. They are one of the best tuners in the country. Check out their website for what they can do to your WRX.

atvrider450r 03-26-2007 08:52 PM

Yeah, I would recommend dyno comp.. They have done all the work on my car, it was quick no problems so far and reasonably priced.

rolo2012 03-29-2007 09:53 PM

do you guys have the website to dyno-comp.

skatman 01-14-2008 12:57 PM

another place i like to go to is Fat on 28th and cactus