Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Southwest WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f105/)
-   -   AZ Emissions (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f105/az-emissions-15430/)

Blzzrd 10-30-2006 09:25 PM

AZ Emissions

Ok guys,

I searched and searched and could not find my answer.

Here's the question.

If I switch my downpipe with a catless downpipe will I be able to pass emissions? I plan having a highflow cat on my exhaust. Shouldn't just having a cat there be good enough? Hopefully u guys can help me out.

thanks

WRXKidid775 10-30-2006 11:35 PM

where else would you put the cat? just get a dp with the hiflow. hopupracing has a deal on a helix dp with a highflow cat for like 329 bucks. thats a deal if i have ever seen one. thats the way i would go.

WRXKidid775 10-30-2006 11:37 PM

[url]http://hopupracing.com/hehicado2ce0.html[/url]

Blzzrd 10-31-2006 09:26 AM

[QUOTE=WRXKidid775]where else would you put the cat? just get a dp with the hiflow. hopupracing has a deal on a helix dp with a highflow cat for like 329 bucks. thats a deal if i have ever seen one. thats the way i would go.[/QUOTE]

The 06 has two cats. I want to remove the one on the down-pipe. I am aware of high-flow cats. I'd rather remove the cat altogether.

If it's not emissions legal then I will go high flow cat otherwise my druthers are to remove out right.

WRXKidid775 10-31-2006 12:59 PM

i dunno about az i know in some parts of nevada you have to have to pass a sniffer test so if anyone knows how to do this without a cat let me know for future reference.

bigbadbuddha 10-31-2006 02:36 PM

No matter where you go if you take out the cat you will not pass the visual inspection. The 02-05 have 2 cats in the dp also and one in the uppipe as well
Here i did a trial run catless and still passed... barely.

WRXKidid775 11-01-2006 01:01 AM

nv doesnt havea visual that i know of they have never looked under mine they just put the sensor in th tail pipe or thats all it looks like

Blzzrd 11-01-2006 09:58 AM

[QUOTE=WRXKidid775]nv doesnt havea visual that i know of they have never looked under mine they just put the sensor in th tail pipe or thats all it looks like[/QUOTE]

Guys,

I appreciate your help, but I am looking for "Arizona" specific responses only.

If you live in Arizona, please let me know what the emisison laws are.

xrebel21 07-25-2007 03:31 PM

Are AZ emmisions stations even capable of testing AWD? I seem to remember from my last visit that they only had 2WD dynos. I guess they would still be able to do the curb idle test, if that makes a difference.

taerron 10-05-2007 04:40 AM

i know, very late. but the answer is no for not about being able to test the awd cars. all they do is plug into your OBDII and thats it. cats or not, it doesnt matter as long as you don't have any CEL or anything like that.

az_wrx_26 12-10-2007 01:01 AM

I have no cats on my 02 wrx and got my emissions done not more that a month ago. I passed. All they do is hook up to your ECU plug and thats it. Just be sure that you Sensors are hooked up correctly. Oh yeah I have an invidia down pipe and a perrin up pipe. you dont need a cat. They dont even hook up the hose to your exhaust.

DEADBEATDUDE 06-28-2008 12:18 PM

im glad i saw this ive been trying to find the answer this question for a few days. im moving back to az with my scooby and i wanted to know if my car would pass emissions with a catless dp and a high flow cat in the mid pipe. thanks. i can wait to bring it out there

Hooch 09-28-2010 10:12 AM

[quote=az_wrx_26;179798]I have no cats on my 02 wrx and got my emissions done not more that a month ago. I passed. All they do is hook up to your ECU plug and thats it. Just be sure that you Sensors are hooked up correctly. Oh yeah I have an invidia down pipe and a perrin up pipe. you dont need a cat. They dont even hook up the hose to your exhaust.[/quote]

Don't your o2 sensors throw codes though? That's the whole problem, if you have any codes they won't pass you or did you delete the o2's?