Subaru WRX Forum banner

AZ Emissions

9K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Joseph conti 
#1 ·
Ok guys,

I searched and searched and could not find my answer.

Here's the question.

If I switch my downpipe with a catless downpipe will I be able to pass emissions? I plan having a highflow cat on my exhaust. Shouldn't just having a cat there be good enough? Hopefully u guys can help me out.

thanks

#2 ·
where else would you put the cat? just get a dp with the hiflow. hopupracing has a deal on a helix dp with a highflow cat for like 329 bucks. thats a deal if i have ever seen one. thats the way i would go.

#4 ·
WRXKidid775 said:
where else would you put the cat? just get a dp with the hiflow. hopupracing has a deal on a helix dp with a highflow cat for like 329 bucks. thats a deal if i have ever seen one. thats the way i would go.

The 06 has two cats. I want to remove the one on the down-pipe. I am aware of high-flow cats. I'd rather remove the cat altogether.

If it's not emissions legal then I will go high flow cat otherwise my druthers are to remove out right.

#8 ·
WRXKidid775 said:
nv doesnt havea visual that i know of they have never looked under mine they just put the sensor in th tail pipe or thats all it looks like
Guys,

I appreciate your help, but I am looking for "Arizona" specific responses only.

If you live in Arizona, please let me know what the emisison laws are.

#11 ·
I have no cats on my 02 wrx and got my emissions done not more that a month ago. I passed. All they do is hook up to your ECU plug and thats it. Just be sure that you Sensors are hooked up correctly. Oh yeah I have an invidia down pipe and a perrin up pipe. you dont need a cat. They dont even hook up the hose to your exhaust.

#12 ·
im glad i saw this ive been trying to find the answer this question for a few days. im moving back to az with my scooby and i wanted to know if my car would pass emissions with a catless dp and a high flow cat in the mid pipe. thanks. i can wait to bring it out there

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.